1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bra Bra Sources: John Lucas to be interviewed by Daryl Morey for HC vacancy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

There is no evidence that James Harden needs a stern coach, anymore than any other superstar. He does need a coach that he has confidence in though.

Deuce, fattz, malakas and 2 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you think that he lost faith in Mike by the end of it, as well as the other players? What about Daryl? Lol sorry for the many questions, Im just curious.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

In my personal opinion? I think that when a team gets close to winning year after year and fails, doubt creeps in regardless of who the coach is. Eventually things get stale and I think by game 4 of the Lakers series it was clear that the players no longer believed that they would win.

It’s nothing against MDA or Harden or even guys like Tucker, it is human nature.

I will tell you that I saw an interview done with Harden during the Lakers series where the camera and interviewer was really close to his face. He answered every question with direct eye contact and with direct responses... except when she asked him if he was going to win the title this year, he broke eye contact, looked off camera before saying “absolutely”.... it is a small thing and most people will say I am over blowing it, but when I saw that I shook my head and thought he had doubt.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's kind of a dumb question, isn't it? How does he know they're going to win a title? And if he thought winning a title was a foregone conclusion, there is no motivation for the team to actually do the work to make it happen. For him to answer it as "yes" without a pause would be more strange to me.

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Isn’t Lucas sort of the ball breaker on the team?

malakas, Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Tucker had given up after game 3 and 4.By game 5 he had totally given up and how can you blame him when he sees a 6 foot 11 guy like Davis was toying with him. Tucker was put in a no win situation by a gimmick offense and a stubborn coach. His body language pretty much reflected the rest of the teams attitude

MettaWorldPete and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Tucker dosent give up, none of these guys give up. Small ball may not have been the best solution....or maybe it was we didnt have the right personnel. But these dudes were very clearly gassed.

MettaWorldPete, juanm34 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah my buddy who is a laker fan had said by game 3/4 the rockets would be tired from having to defend lebron and AD.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe. That is true for most people but the very top players are not normal people in general. I am someone that strongly relies on logic and science... but I will admit that for me, in certain situations my understanding of people trumps what would be generally logical.

I don’t expect it to mean much to others and I agree it was a dumb question to ask, but his response to me wasn’t what I wanted... and that isn’t even a criticism of Harden either.

MettaWorldPete and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Smells like leverage to me! Mostly cause they know John'll sign for minimum wage! Oh you wanna get paid how much to coach Harden? Well john lucas will do it for minimum wage and a bottle of whiskey. Fertitta doing Fertitta things!

juanm34 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tops on my list has become John Lucas.

Followed by Kelvin Sampson

I’m not impressed with Ty Lue. His little nervous breakdown while with LeBron/Cavs doesn’t provide me any confidence.

JVG. Likes the big Centers, but as a basketball color analyst I believe he recognizes the direction the NBA is headed.
    Adapts accordingly.

Cassell. One thing I liked about D’Antoni was his ability to work the refs. I had a hard time understanding Cassell
    when he speaks. I can’t picture Cassell yelling at the refs and getting his point across.

——————————————————————————————————————————
    Just a couple of weeks ago I mentioned how the coach needs to be part bartender-psychologist. Knowing when
    to yell at the player and knowing when to give them space.

Popovich would yell at Tim Duncan every practice. Message to the other players that if Tim Duncan isn’t
    above being yelled at......then neither are they. Guess Kawhi didn’t like it and bolted.

Now, Lucas the player developer, has stepped up to the plate. Familiar with the team......the players.
    The players are campaigning for him. I’m all for it. Like players seeking Olajuwon for guidance, they also
    seek out Lucas for life situations. The offense remains the same. Iso, Horns set, PnR, 5-men out. All the
    same x’s and O’s.

Just need a coach to manage the rotations, minutes, refs, timeouts.......mixed with a bit of Dr. Phil.
    Blake Griffin, LeBron, Rod Strickland, Andray Blatche Kobe have all sought out Lucas during times
    in their lives. Speaks volumes. See link to article below. Good read.

https://johnlucasenterprises.com/athlete-aftercare/john-lucas-offers-the-gift-of-a-lifetime

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Well either way small ball ultra micro ball failed. The rockets at the very least needed someone over 6’9 for rebound purposes . Even the Warriors had looney who is 6’10

HP3 and juanm34 like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How much would John lucas want to play in place of Westbrook. I bet at his age he still shoots better than Westbrick!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Jaylen brown??
    Marcus smart??

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

BraBra the goat

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pls kemba walker please! Then kemba for westbrook please for the love of god! Danuel house and westbrick for kemba walker and either tatum or brown!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Westbrook has to give into the force. The will is strong in that one.

Learn humility. Be humble.

#157 ApacheWarrior, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Westbrook for

Brown and smart

20. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

BraBra tweeted that 4 minutes after Malika Andrews...

Rudyc281 likes this.