1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is the smartest most accurate and irrefutable post clutchfans has ever seen.

Because salary cap and trade assets have zero impact on making moves.

Because Howard, Paul and Westbrook(wrongfully labeled as a star) all didn’t come to Houston.

Bulletproof argument.

2. jowman

jowman Member

Guys we are underestimating kawhi here. Dude is playing 4d chess while y’all playing connect 4.

He knew this year would be tough since lebron still hasn’t fallen off. Better to quit while you are ahead and get an extra 2 weeks to load manage for next season, than lose head to head to lakers.

francis 4 prez and hakeem94 like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Howard didn't come to Houston because of Harden. He came here because he was promised a prominent role in the offense. The Rockets eventually broke that promise, and Harden let it happen. When Howard left, he and Harden were on bad terms. Do you think other players didn't notice that?

We massively overpaid for Chris Paul, and everyone knows it. He wasn't going to get a max contract anywhere else. When Chris Paul left, he and Harden were on bad terms. Do you think other players didn't notice that?

Westbrook. Hah.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly the type of response I expected.

hakeem94, BigM and D-rock like this.
  5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is any of it untrue?

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I believe that you believe it’s all true.

hakeem94, BigM and jiggyfly like this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do you believe that any of it is untrue?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dwight says otherwise.

So does CP3.

And Russ Westbrook.

Interestingly enough, Jimmy Butler wanted to play with Harden but not so much with CP3.

Maybe I just need to understand your definition of a Bulletproof argument.

BigM likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t believe there is any definitive proof that Howard only came here because of a promised role. Golden State almost had him. Harden played a role in him coming,

I know that Dwight was to blame for the divorce. Every single person who works in the NBA knew this to be true. Dwight was a child until this season,15 or so years into his career to finally fit in with his team.

Whatever the price we paid for Paul he didn’t come over kicking and screaming. He was more than happy to come here. And it represented the best year of his career.

I don’t consider Westbrook a star but there are plenty of idiots who do. He saw all this happen over the years and chose Houston over others.

So no, I don’t think any of your story you are trying to pass off as fact is accurate.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sarcasm.

Doesn’t always translate as well via message board.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Yeah because Dwight Howard didn’t leave the magic on bad terms. Because the Atlanta Hawks players didn’t throw a party after they heard Dwight went to Charlotte or the hornets players were not happy when he left.

Or Chris Paul didn’t leave the Hornets and the clippers on bad terms.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://syndication.bleacherreport....chooses-to-sign-with-houston-rockets.amp.html

“I felt like Houston was the best fit for me. I felt that James and I would really have an opportunity to grow together. I felt like having a coach like Kevin McHale and having Hakeem Olajuwon, who’s in Houston, can really help me grow as a player – help me as a post player and help my overall game. It was very appealing. I felt like this was a great opportunity for me to start fresh. I’m just looking forward to this opportunity.”

“Ah man, I’m very excited. I’m very excited. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been in contact with James and we’ve just been talking about developing a good relationship so we can lead that team as far as we can. We’ve been talking about winning championships.”
    ‐--‐-‐‐-----‐-----------------------------------

Do you enjoy spreading lies or do you really believe your own revisionist history?

I'm honestly not surprised. Just more Trumpian hot takes from a true hater.

BigM likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol.

Sarcasm my man.

Harden has had zero problems getting stars to come play here.

D-rock likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

No I know you were rebuffing wekkos silly take. I was just adding to that

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

There's plenty of proof.

First, he had several different suitors that would've given him a better chance to win a title.

Second, Howard cited McHale and Olajuwon as reasons he chose Houston. He wanted to develop his post game further, and these were 2 of the best post players in NBA history.

Third, he publicly complained about having his offensive role reduced. There must've been reasons that he had expectations of a bigger role.

Sure, it's easy to acquire talent when you're the top bidder. Do you think it's likely we'll be the top bidder for high-end talent anytime soon?

Sorry, but it's all accurate.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Players who Morey chased after but did not sign with us wasn't because they didn't want to play with Harden--it was just basically money.

Bosh: the first time Morey lost him was to LeBron which is understandable. the second time Morey lost him was because Riley gave Bosh the money he wanted.

Iguodala: same thing happened. GSW upped their offer at the 11th hour and Igudola re-signed

Bazemore: same thing. Atlanta upped their offer and he re-signed with the Hawks

If there is actual evidence that a player didn't sign with us because he didn't want to play with Harden I'd love to see the source/link/smoke signals.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nothing I said was a lie. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Holy ****!

I am late to this, had no idea KL was in the midst of choking a 3-1 lead away.

If this was Harden he would have to probably retire.

Also just think if Harden had gave himself a nickname like Playoff P how he would never live that down.

It's amazing how everybody does not get the scrutiny that Harden does.

hakeem94, BigM and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dwight absolutely mentioned Harden as a reason for choosing Houston.

So yes, you are a liar.

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Did you miss the part he clearly mentioned he wanted to play with Harden? Do you have no shame?

jiggyfly likes this.