1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The all inclusive potential coach guide (2020-2021)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Sep 14, 2020.

1. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Damn, that’s really disappointing if true..I feel like it could maximize both parties last push for a ring. Pop is getting old and we really only have two years of Harden and Wb left. I feel like they could learn what they need to learn the first year, reload and really push In the second year all or nothing before we say good bye to everyone.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree that it makes sense but a) he’s under contract b) he coaches an instate rival c) he’s paid a lot

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

There are a number of strong candidates and some like Charles Lee aren’t even being talked about.

Tilman mentioned a “culture” coach, which is obvious from anyone watching the Rockets. There was a disconnect between the front office and the type of discipline and detail needed at the coaching level.

joshuaao, DVauthrin, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well it’s all on Daryl.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Doc will be available

weopeo9744 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Missing the owners number 1 candidate for the job. Luxury tax savings. Would lead the team in a direction the owner really wants

D-rock likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Don't think we should consider anyone off that coaching staff after what we just saw

D-rock, treyk3 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man you ain't lying lmfao

lionaire likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

let's reunite the Rivers family father and son. that's a very touching storyline.

Invisible Fan and weopeo9744 like this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Not sure what the big deal is with Doc, never did like him as a coach. He b****es and whines the whole game at the officials and that rubs off on the players he coaches.

He’s won 1 title with a stacked Celtics team and this is the 2nd time he’s choked away a 3-1 series lead.

D-rock and waytookrzy079 like this.
  12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

3rd actually. The infamous McGrady's "it's nice to be moving on to the 2nd round" in Orlando after being up 3-1 to Detroit.

D-rock and bratna8 like this.
  13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

At this point I have no clue who we shoud be bringing in. (I can name a few I don't want to see) The many dynamics, dispositions, characters, Morey, TF, etc. lord, where to start. In going back and reading more about Atkinson this morning he would appear to be a great fit.

raining threes, Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I think that there are a few candidates that could do a really good job.

This isn't as simple as "let's get a new coach" though, as the Rockets need someone that will lay the foundation for the culture of the organization.

15. Damion Laverne

I'm on the Stephen Silas bandwagon.

I'm not sure Kenny Atkinson would be the best fit for a veteran-laden team; plus, his lineups at the ends of games were questionable.

Maybe Tilman goes extra cheap and tries to bring in Becky Hammon to appeal to the media ("See? We're progressive! A woman will lead us to the promised land")

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah if Morey is really heading this search I think Silas is the guy interviewed really well last time I think and was Moreys pick till he got overruled.

He can sell Silas to Tillman...by saying he been under Carlisle the last couple of years. And show and tell Tillman how excellent he was the last time they interviewed him.

17. riko

riko Member

Tillman might go and get Kenny smith and we all have the biggest meltdown yet

D-rock likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd take Kenny Smith over Mark Jackson or even Ty Lue.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You would really take Kenny Smith over Lue? Wow.

I can't tell you how low Kenny Smith would be on my coaching list.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yep. Lue was part of the championship team with LeBron sure. Every year after that there were issues with chemistry. The teams were lazy on defense. The year after LeBron left, Lue literally folded and gave up. I don't want that around my franchise.

Kenny Smith isn't on my radar but there is some value to the unknown that I cannot give to Mark Jackson or Ty Lue.

Corrosion likes this.