1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Chiefs (Unofficial) 2020 Season Opener

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houstonstime, Sep 10, 2020.

1. conquistador#11

This was the talk around the league with the national pundits. I read a stat that he was pressured on 33% of his throws while Mahomes 17%. It makes a difference.
    It's bad enough that Fulton couldn't handle a rush but it's even worse when one of the 'smartest' centers, in Martin, kept missing blocking assignments. That's all mental and lack of preparation and it's deJa vu for him.

I thought Watson only had 2 bad plays. 1) The only "rubroute/pick play" they ran and it worked to perfection, but he schaubed it. Fuller had to adjust on a sure touchdown. Instead of having another passing TD, Watson had to settle for a rushing TD.
    The other one was on the hit and int caused by badger. Was it a bad read? He had the receiver streaking wide open if he doesn't get hit...he also had Johnson there for an easy 20 yards after the catch. He opted for the possible TD like he tends to. Instead KC was given a 'garbage' TD by starting at the 30-ish yard line.
    "This offense works. It worked in New England." B.O.B in 2014 showing Brady highlights ( as told by a laughing Cecil Shorts).

In New England, like a great coach, Hoodie is not trying to run the Brady Chinese Backwards offense with Cam. He's embracing what Cam feels most comfortable with.

Maybe more time with the new dependables fixes the cohesiveness of the offense. But one would have to see it to believe it

BigShasta and BMoney like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You cannot tell me Jared Goff and his supporting cast is better than Deshaun and his cast. Their scheme is so nice. Quick passes getting the ball out of Goff’s hands. Using three change of pace backs.

3. conquistador#11

You weren't on the zoom. You don't know shi*!!!!!!!
    -Tony Montana-

justtxyank and red5rocket like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

3 first round picks and 2 seconds. Not to mention all that money going to the LT and C.

It's football season so I guess I better start my annual tradition of #FireDevlin

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can't even bring myself to care anymore. I watched a chunk of the game, saw the same old...and moved on.

It infuriates me that this team is wasting Watson's talent.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol this is where any logical mind would be with this franchise. Wasted Andre Johnson, then JJ Watt and now it's Watson. The pressure to win championships is not strong enough in this city.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Oh nice, the recycled, lazy "they don't have the desire to win" take

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Evidence is there. I could see if the Texans had played in a AFC Championship game by now. Still 1 of 4 franchises to never reach the super bowl. To me it's easier to call me a hater but trust me I want to see Houston win. I just don't see the management going above and beyond on Kirby though.

raining threes likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

Anyone with the logic of "they haven't made the Conference Championship or Super Bowl so.... THEY AREN'T TRYING TO WIN" loses any and all credibility to me. Yeah you're right. Bc they haven't made it there, it definitely means they are just trying to win 10 games and lose in the divisional round.

That's toddler logic. GTFO of here with that.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Your effort is a reflection of your results over time. There were many opportunities in the past for the Texans to get better and take the necessary risks to get ahead and break through. They decided not to. Whether if it was for money, not liking a guy or generally just thinking they can go without the results are the results. For that reason I'm not letting them make it until they do what they need to do. What we've been seeing is the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Any logical fan is tired... it's really that simple.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I was encouraged by the progress that our team made on the field this year. I am proud that we provided our fans with many thrilling victories at home, including a playoff win, and we delivered another double-digit win season." - Cal McNair, end of 2019 season

LOL @Cstyle42 is right, they're just OK with being just OK.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  12. raining threes

They're better.

The scheme that produced 3 pts in the SB. I would've loved to see this MB after a BOB coached team only scored a FG in the SB. That would've been great entertainment.

13. raining threes

Spot On

14. raining threes

Putting Watson and JJ/AJ in the same sentence.

LOL, which one doesn't fit. Hint: 2 are future HOF'ers, one isn't.

15. STR8Thugg

That's like saying when you were a teenage virgin you weren't trying to get laid. I'm sure you were trying really hard, but it just wasn't working out at the time.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

True. Granted I'm a biased Watson fan.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

In what game? The Superbowl? God, I wish we could make it to the AFCCG with this coach.

18. raining threes

Gotta spend the money to make it to the SB.

People would still be complaining.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ok well the Texans are like the 40 year old virgin... it's been too long and it's time to get laid.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  20. STR8Thugg

COMPLETELY AGREED!!!! That was my whole point if I didn't make it clear.

They ****ing want to win. Real bad. Are they going about it the right way? Almost certainly not, but they WANT to win. If they prove me wrong and win it all, it's bc Deshaun, Tim Kelly, and Anthony Weaver went OFF. Or at least Deshaun and Kelly. O'Analface needs to be a walkaround HC if he needs to be anything.