1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 1, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 3, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

9.5%
  2. Clippers in 5

28.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

33.3%
  4. Clippers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nuggets in 7

14.3%
  6. Nuggets in 6

9.5%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

4.8%
  1. Fefo

Fefo Member

They have absolutely 0 chance to win the series. They may get another game, if Murray gets hot, but this series is not that competitive.
    As a Rocket fan, this is the team you should be really worried off in the west. They can play small with us, match Harden with a ton of good defenders, can shoot and can go big if needed / working.
    Kwahi is a silent killer, he got a stinker last game, but dont spect to see many of those, his usually so under control, and always gets to his spots ( near the free throw line for those jumpers) .
    We can hope that the nuggets make this a series, so at least they get a bit tired if we beat the lakers, but they are so deep, thats not really likely.

daywalker02 and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

I don't necessarily disagree with you that the Clippers are the favorites. But saying that this series isn't even competitive seems like a stretch to me.

JW86 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Have to disagree here, it’s definitely competitive. Nuggets are deep too and can match their length, athleticism and defensively throw a lot at the likes of Kawhi. Beverley is a liability and hurting them, Zubac cannot stop Jokic and is nothing special, Morris and PG are very inconsistent while Nuggets get steady production from many players and not reliant on just 2 guys.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

Es
    Especially conceding the nuggets may make it a 6 game series. So what, only 7 game series are competitive now? Everything else effectively a sweep?

5. Fefo

Fefo Member

Deep where?
    They have 2 stars, Jokic and Murray . Both really talented on offense, but awful on D.
    Gary Harris is a great defender, but has been shooting terrible for quite a while now.
    Jerami Grant i really like, 3 and D guy .
    Millsap is washed up.
    Will barton is not there.
    You are going to call the rest deep?
    Plumlee : 10 mins per game and 1.8ppg
    Monte morris: 24 mins per game, 22% from 3, 9 ppg
    Torrey craig : 23 mins 5.6 ppg
    Porter is so bad on Defense, that hes been removed from the started lineup, because teams just pick on him. Hes got a future for sure, he is just a rookie, but not ready yet. I love that he is a great rebound for his position.

The fact that those guys gets so many mins, tell you how thin they are.
    I like what the nuggs have for the future, but i think that a team build around 2 guys that cant defend is going to be hard. They will probably win 50 games a year, but come playoff time, they will be lucky to make second round.

How is morris inconsistent? Hes been shooting over 50% from the field and 55% from 3. If anything, its just a fluke that hes been this good.
    PG has been awful so far, and i think its the main reason the mavs make a run at the clippers.
    Beverly is not a liability. He is a bit mental, but ill take him on any team i could.
    The clippers are really deep and can play any style. To me, their aquiles heel is that they got nobody that can defend AD, but at this pace, they may not have to deal with him, if we can knock the lakers out.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boy did the foul calls go the Cippers' way in the 3rd quarter. They were at that line so much I thought they would come back on free throws.

Yes, Cippers have a nut buster too. As with Paul, no foul called on Lou.

MVIMG_20200905_212500.jpg
    He stretched that leg and knee out just to get in a cheap shot.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Once they go down 1-2 or 1-3, the cheap shots will increase just like it did with Dallas. The Clippers are a scumbag team.

clutchdabear, JW86, King1 and 2 others like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm definitely rooting against them. I agree though, it is probably gonna get a lot dirtier down the road.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Clippers are dirtiest team and most unlikeable, almost Warriors level bad.

clutchdabear and Rocket River like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Boardman is human after all.
    [​IMG]

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kawhi wishes he could have brought the Raptors' players and coaching staff with him to LA. These Clippers are more talented, but there are a lot of knuckleheads and "emotionally weak" players on the team, and Doc Rivers might be a tad overrated. This is not a commentary on last night's game, Kawhi sucked, too, just in general. I've heard plenty of people share the sentiment that the Clippers are the only team that could stop the Clippers. That's true.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yes, something would have gone right in the world if neither Los Angeles team makes it out of the 2nd round.

Rockets/Nuggets !!!

A good day indeed.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They could play Beverly in the last 2 minutes of the game and he would get ejected.

Morris is another, he can hit the 3.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Nuggets win this game, uh oh for the Rockets. NBA may put Scott Foster on all of Houston's games.

16. HTown2017Champs

Screw LA, all the way. Dislike this Clippers Superteam. Can't stand Kawhi, and hate how PG13 did OKC so dirty. Clippers spending everything just to remain baby brother. They need to move.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They have allowed the Clippers to be very handsy the last 3 minutes of the half

Rocket River

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  18. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I wish the Rockets were able to get Jerami Grant. Great addition for Denver especially with the injury to Barton.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate that some teams get the most leeway on defense
    but
    get the softest calls on offense

Celtics have a similar things going on

Rocket River

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yikes, michael porter jr just posterized montrez

bcast89, JumpMan and DreamShook like this.