1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs. Lakers Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 9baller, Sep 2, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

same but they say playoff lebron is different, i cant even remmeber the last time lebron outplayed or beat harden and the rockets

YallMean likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

As much as I'd like to say we win the series - I think it's gonna be Fakers in 6. :(

We had waaaaaay too much trouble with 'washed up' Chris Paul and an otherwise lottery team.

I think this series will be where our lack of size and interior d is really gonna be our undoing. We've had some nice defensive efforts inside by PJ, Roco, etc... but I think the Lakers are just gonna hammer it inside constantly and we're not gonna hold up...

but hey, we could always catch fire and 3>2 so there's always a chance - thats why they actually play the games... so we'll see...

fingers crossed...

plutoblue11 likes this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If the ft for 2 teams is close, it is a fair match. If opponent get more ft to shoot, it is unfair

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hey, in Morey we trust. The whole freaking underpinning theory for small ball is to beat a team like LA, our only chance. I hope it's the 4D chess everyone is saying is true.

plutoblue11 and kjayp like this.
  5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We have a punchers chance against the lakers but the league definitely want both the LA teams to advance.

bro2044, jcmoon and plutoblue11 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but it is easier for them Lakers.

Technically they could extra pound Tucker and Robert and even use 1 or 2 games to take them out with their depth.

Once the defenders are having minor injuries, Fakers are going to take it inside the paint.

I mean our last line of Defense are 2 players, one 35 years old.

And they will be in foul trouble again.

They only have to take care of Gordon and WB. Harden can get his.

plutoblue11 and kjayp like this.
  7. Chamillionaire

Rockets in 7. If we play well, it'll take 7 games because they're gonna get ALL the calls. If we play like we did this round, we'll lose in 6.

jcmoon and plutoblue11 like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hey House money. Nothing to lose. Do we have a better chance than the Capella trade against the Lakers, I think so. Let Lebron and Ad get theirs but we have to limit KCP, Crusso( I cant stand that talent less opptunist) and DH. If those guys go off, all bets are off.

9. riko

riko Member

We are the underdogs so I feel this team will play free and loose. They will hoist up shots so let’s hope they make them. Plus the Lakers don’t have anyone resembling Dort on defense that can go with James. So he will torch them. You know Russ and James two los angels natives want this bad

htownrox1, jcmoon and plutoblue11 like this.
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am really disappointed at y’all not even mentioning Russ’s ability to go ape rage at the rim. Keep that beast angry. Y’all disrespecting.

j/k

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Fakers looked pretty bad in the bubble games but beat Portland and Dame pretty good.

Shot like 20% from 3 before the playoffs, 35 or 36% since.

That's why I think they found a way to just deal with 2 talented guards.

Controlled Nurkic.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. YallMean

YallMean Member

To be honest, Portland had no chance against the Lakers by playing whiteside and Nurkic at the same time against the Lakers. It allowed them to maximize AD and DH. That’s what Morey saw. Oh well, better believe. The man went to MIT.

13. kjayp

This series is what I envisioned as I've voiced my disdain for going exclusively small ball (see sig)... so we'll see... I hope I'm wrong...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might not be 100 percent.

Will a 85% Brodie be enough, series will tell.

Tucker is also not 100%, neck issues and finger numbness.

jcmoon and YallMean like this.
  15. kjayp

finish a few more of those layups at the rim and I'll be more impressed... lol

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WB was Tilman and JH's idea.

It was a construct of MDA, JH, Tilman.

More so than Morey's, Morey just rolled along.

Morey would never again hand the keys over to a guard who can't shoot 3s after Westbrook. That's just too much of a risk.

DaDakota and kjayp like this.
  17. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

I think this is right. Caruso, rondo and KCP have close to zero offensive gravity. Mclemore was getting absolutely cooked this series by SGA and Schroder. He should be okay against the lakers on the defensive end. Only Lebron/AD low post switched will be the issue really.

I think if MDA is smart he will switch Rivers (who has not been shooting well) and Bmac around in terms of rotation pecking order. IMO the key to this series will be shooting. If Harden can pull his finger out and be his normal self, the Lakers will probably have to send some form of double team consistently. At that point, the decision making of Westbrook, as well the ability of Gordon/Tucker/Cov to knock down shots will be key. Adding Ben Mac to the mix will provide a huge boost, given the aforementioned trio have been averaging like 25% from three.

I also think this will be a huge test for Gordon. With Tucker/JGreen tied up with AD, its likely that Gordon will have to pick up lebron for large parts of the game. I expect him to play well defensively, but again, if he is able to knock down shots I really dont see what the lakers can match that with offensively. If the shooting is on point, we play McGee and Howard of the floor. At that point the Lakers absolute lack of perimeter depth will be fully exposed.

Rox in 6

18. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Lakers ain't in the same condition as the Rockets. They'll gas out just by trying to keep up with HOU's pace.

IBTL, TimDuncanDonaut and jcmoon like this.
  19. Mattician

Mattician Member

Adam Silver and the NBA probably want a LA vs. LA matchup in the WCF.

Rocket River and bj3175 like this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

3 zebras and 5 purple rains

Rocket River and macan like this.