1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenosha police shoots black man multiple times in his back in front of his children, declares curfew

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 23, 2020.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Being Black isn't a choice?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Serve up attitude, Protect the shield

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These cops would have shot Gandhi 1,000 times.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even putting on my rationalizing assuming-the-best hat, I cannot think of how this isn't murder. The hurricane will probably deter protests in Houston, but if we're doing one, I'm there.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The only reason I can think is because he is still alive. At least for now.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes that does seem very questionable about why the decision was made to go to lethal force.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've trained with LE and people who went on to be LE and very much agree. I understand that getting into a physical confrontation carries it's own risk and is more risky to the safety of the LEO than tazing or shooting from a distance but this really get's back to the idea of "Serve and Protect." The job of the police is to protect the public. That even means a suspect. The idea should always be to take suspect into custody alive so they can stand trial rather than the idea that the LEO is a soldier and the suspects are the enemy to be eliminated.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No not if you take this issue seriously and not treat everything like a meme when the narrative doesn't suit you.

#89 fchowd0311, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Being black and acting black are two different things.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

7 shots is excessive but is the opinion of this board really that one or more shots wasn't warranted? After they tried to arrest him and even tazed him? He's reaching down into his car after cops have guns draw; what possible conclusion could the officers reach besides the fact that he was reaching for a gun? Tragic incident but this isn't George Floyd....forget what the officers COULD have done differently and look what happened in the moment they fired. You shouldn't have to risk getting shot just because you failed to tackle him beforehand

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

To equate that shooting with this one is bullshit those guys had not just put children into the car and multiple officers were surrounding those guys to stop them from getting into the car.

Shame on you.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what happened to the step of subduing him?

If they tased him why were they all standing around with guns drawn and nobody tried to stop him from getting into the car.

Why did they let him put his kids into the car if they thought he had guns.

Its amazing that you think this was their only recourse the guy was even upset, why should anybody forget what the officers could have done, they could have done their job before hand and not endangered the kids in the car.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@rocketsjudoka

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sorry I missed it if already posted but why didn't they taze him?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This should change peoples minds about stuff

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

To respond to this and @jiggyfly . I'm not yet ready to call this murder yet because I don't know what exactly happened in the moment when Blake got to the car. If he really was reaching for a weapon and the LEO could see a weapon that would weigh heavily that the LEO did act in self-defense. I've yet to hear that Blake had a weapon or what suspicion that he might.

That doesn't mean I'm ok with this and even if it does come out that Blake was reaching for a weapon it still seems like the LE handled this situation horribly and it should've never got this far.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am pretty sure if he had a weapon in the car it would be out by now.

I am not saying it was murder either but definitely a huge dereliction of duty by the cops that this escalated to that point.

I understand how it could be perceived as threatening to go to the car but they could have stopped him and they knew he had kids in the car.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Let's see: Philando Castile cooperated with the police and where did that get him? The reality is that it doesn't matter what you do - cooperate, resist or lie down on the ground with your hands in the air - if you are a black male in the US today there is a target on you and you will be shot and/or killed. And whatever you do DON'T:

Play in the park with a toy gun
    Run when you see the police
    Walk away from police
    Get caught watching a football game in your own apartment when a police office bursts in by mistake

J.R., superfob, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not mine. I don't get what that means? Black people should stop getting shot so cities don't burn?

RayRay10 and Nook like this.