1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

If you watch Game 4 to Game 1, so in reverse, then it’s like MDA adjusted. Right now he’s doing the opposite, we’re getting nearly away from Green bringing it up all together, shooting more threes, attacking less, shorter rotation.

Harden losing this series would be the ultimate choke job. I thought he had really got rid off that playoff monkey but it’s still there. He’s just not built to come through when it matters most.

If we play like this, I actually don’t want us to win this series. Only thing nice about this is the story: Westbrook saving us! But he might not even play at all.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Perhaps Mclemore is better. At least he can make some shots.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

harden don't even use that floater anymore.

what the hell is going on.

4. UrbanEnterprise

series is 2-2

we'll win the series with Westbrook back

Harden however is running out of time to prove himself and next series is going to be tougher

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

So you're telling you would rather have the likes of Rivers, House, Covington, Tucker, McLemore on your offensive end over that Mavs offensive end? Tucker, Covington, Rivers, McLemore, House, Gordon are not heavy scorers.... and have been inconsistent as hell in their time with the Rockets. McLemore is our best shooter, but even he isn't an heavy scorer.

And he drives that engine because he has a good supporting cast. What are you talking about? If he starts getting double-teamed as Harden does, I guarantee you his team would still get him wins. When Harden gets double-teamed, we're more than likely going to lose..... unless we have Westbrook out there. But Westbrook isn't out there, which is why we're struggling at the moment.... because our inconsistent supporting cast can't help out Harden.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

MDA is getting out coached and the team is getting out hustled. I bit too much into the hype of the first two games. This will go 7. No matter what happens changes will be needed this offseason.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

We love to make **** harder than it has to be.
    This series should be over or at least on the brink of being over.

HP3 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not with a Houston team.

juanm34 likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

i really thought eric gordon turned the corner but he went right back into his old ways.

and robert covington can't stay in front of anybody nowadays.

1 step forward 2 steps back. pun intended.

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Let me get this straight. We bang home 23 triples and shoot 40% from the arc AND LOSE. They are COOKED

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

covington has been hugely disappointing on both ends of the court. not unlike his first playoff series w/ philly

12. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

It's not rocket science. With the floor spaced out, we should have more guys successfully getting buckets at the rim and it's not happening. Instead they're settling for contested threes which goes against what we're supposed to do. When it works, it's open threes and easy twos.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is the ups and downs you get just hoisting 50+ 3s a game. It's great when they're lighting it up. Very few teams can match that when the rockets are in their zone hitting. But everyone that follows this team regularly knows there's cold stretches mixed in as well. And when that happens its their downfall.

and boy is EG's shot officially just done for or what? Waiting all year for this turnaround. Everyone is still waiting. being close to 30% is just horrendous prior to the bubble. and now he's at 22%. what in the world is up with that guy

IvanLCPM and Remlap like this.
  14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Work prevented me from this frustrating game. I still feel the Rox will eventually win the series but if for whatever reason they don't win this series, I'm good with the organization just starting over.

fryjol7 and kevtse like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thank god I can still watch games from 17-18. When we had an actual team

HewbieTrippin and bro2044 like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's so stupid that they can only protest 1 call in a game anyway. Give them 3. Keep the refs honest!

Also, they shouldn't lose it if the refs made a bad call. They should only lose it if the review sticks with the call.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

i still can't believe that travel call on that harden stepback,

if that doesn't tell you how inconsistent the officiating is in the nba. then i dunno what to tell you.

i literally seen that man do that move hundreds of times and not get called for that ONCE.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This shouldn’t be a series. Even without Westbrick we should of taken care of Okc.
    Now we are on the brink of going down 3-2 to these fools and probably rushing back Westbrick only to re-aggravate his injury and be out the remainder of the playoffs.

Looks like game 5 will tell us a tremendous amount about the post-season.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Overall, Harden didn't play bad this game. He just had one of those mysterious moments when he seems to have lost his heart, mind, and soul and becomes a blank. Unfortunately, it happened in the 4th quarter when we needed him to carry the team.

We watched Doncic and Mitchell did that for their teams yesterday. I was hoping Harden would have a game like that today.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

@Nook MDA is never going to bench EG is he. I feel like he's so invested in him that no matter how EG plays he'll never go another route. I get the trust I really do but man how many more times do we need to see these performances.

Harden also looks for this guy way too much imo for someone that is obviously struggling

kevtse likes this.