1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden is going to have to play 48 minutes, he can't rest or we lose the lead

the end of the third when we tried to get him a rest was a disaster. The thunder went on a run and got momentum

bro2044 and amaru like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Another thing the Rockets need to do is keep it F'n real. How bad is this F'n injury? Westbrook has been out long enough by now.

s3ts likes this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

what a tough year to be a Houston Rocket fan man, sometimes it makes you even wonder the amount of time you end up wasting on this things. I'm not even sad, I'm more disappointed, if with all this time available, just focused on this, without fans, this is what we get.....well, this is the roof.

BasketMAD, bro2044 and AXG like this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After all of these years, especially in the playoffs where this has happened before, do we not have a plan b for when we go cold from three?

5. Mr. Space City

Imagine being a Bulls fan in the 90's or a Lakers fan in the 2000's knowing that if the game was just close in the playoffs, your superstar would take over,

meanwhile we got this dude who blows constantly blows leads and consistently shrinks in big moments in the playoffs.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They both deserve the blame. The Harden/Green PnR is the only unstoppable play, For some reason the Rockets barely went to it in the 4th..

s3ts likes this.
  7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely...MDA couldn
    MDA couldn't manage a donut shop much less an NBA team. He is an absolute fugging joke. And Harden gave 1/2 effort today....very disappointing to me as I am a big fan. And get WB in the game...hell, there are people who have heart bypass surgery that aren't out that long. Pure BS

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. SORF

SORF Member

I'm so perplexed with all of the Free throw discrepancy during this series. We have been lowballed all four game. Statisiclly, that is an impossibility.

bro2044 and s3ts like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why Westbrook is so damn crucial to have any chance of winning.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Say what you want about the refs, but the Rockets had a 15-point lead with five minutes left in the third quarter. They lost this game when they let the Thunder cut it to one by the end of the period. Championship-level teams don’t squander 15-point leads in four minutes in the playoffs.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Tired of Harden being tired BE A F'N WINNER AND GET TIRED OF LOSING.

bro2044 likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm assuming the Astros are going to lose tonight? ;)

13. HP3

HP3 Member

This is why losing Game 3 was so damn bad...I can't even believe what I saw here dude what the hell

bro2044 likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Should have forseen this when Harden did this against Portland in 2014.

Same **** attitude low IQ choking brain 6 years later. Should have traded him and scratched everything a long time ago

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Frustrating loss. Rockets could of made this a sweet and instead chose to drag it out. It's anybody's ball game now.

The usual roller coaster ride of Rockets playoff season is very very stressful.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Why the hell did Harden run 43 out of 48 minutes?

Hard to win like that. You have to find a way to get your big guns more than 5 minutes of rest. Looking at you MDA.

17. NickKent

NickKent Member

I don't know what game you were watching. I recall Harden being out there chucking 30-foot threes at the end of the third.

Bearded13 likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

The naysayers are out tonight.

Turned off auto renew on league pass. NBA is not getting any more of my money.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Its tough being a rockets fan because Harden and MDA walk right into ridicule. Like, the game is there for you multiple times.. Take these bums out.. run it right down their throats. stop playing around. My biggest worry is harden is too cool for any moment.. There is never any urgency..

Harden routinely make Rockets fan look foolish.

Knock these bums out..

DVauthrin, bro2044, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. AXG

AXG Member

The Rockets lost the game more than the Thunder winning it. The Rockets go cold and then become complacent. If Westbrook is not back next game, I think Thunder take the series.