1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Others

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

If the others don't show up in this series, the Rockets will lose! Mainly, PJ and Gordon. Gordon has to step up and be the 3rd best player; which means hitting his three and driving to the basket and drawing fouls. PJ has to hit that corner three and he has to rebound!

Harden and Westbrook will not be able to carry them over the top against OKC. This is a team that the Rockets have struggled against, so THE OTHERS WILL HAVE TO STEP UP!

1) PJ Tucker - He hasn't hit a three since he got to Orlando! I don't understand how a player practice EVERY DAY in the shooting in the corners and when game time comes, he can't hit NOT ONE THREE.

2) Covington - He has played great defensively but his shot three has been lacking. I'm not too worried about him.

3) House - Love his energy. I think he will have a good series.

4) Rivers - Same as House. He plays his role well. I think whoever has the bigger series between him and Schroder will win!

5) Green - Just keep doing what you do; hitting the three and playing fairly good on the defensive side.

6) E. Gordon - What da hell is going on?? I don't know what to say. This guy has feel off the map.

7) McLemore - Love what he brings on the offensive side but his defense this series is going to be critical and he has to stay out of foul trouble!

8) Carroll - Love the fact he is getting some playing time to take the stress off of Covington and Tucker but we need him to be effective. Not just eating up minutes.

9) Frazier - I still don't understand why or how this guy is getting playing time and I watch every game. Is it just me?

10) Cabocolo - I still don't understand why this guy is not getting playing time. He gets in the game the other day, rebounds, hit a quick layup and a three (WHICH PJ HASN'T DONE SINCE HE GOT IN TO ORLANDO) and I thought he played effective defense with the time he was given.

sungjina, tinman, bilaal14 and 8 others like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Make the bricklayers beat you. They won't.

[​IMG]

#2 J.R., Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

It's a team game. Everyone has to show up.

Sometimes when a shooter hasn't touch the ball in a while, and they get the rock, they may feel strange on the shot. But in both the Spurs and Pacers game, there was good ball movement, everyone was getting touches, even if it was an extra pass to the next open guy. In the bubble, less away team fans to actually bug the players. Not sure what's going on.

They ran some plays for bmac on the curl, which was nice. Normally the open man should shoot the ball. If cold slump, maybe to break things up, like giving the same guy, consecutive 2-3 touches. Do this for different guys at different quarters, instead of only leaving up to the opposing defense.

They're pros and Rockets have shooting coaches, not sure if it's a mental thing or a mechanical thing. Hope they take the next few days to turn it around.

Our offense still potent, and isn't changing at this stage of the game, so we hope for the best.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rockets are deeper than the Thunder. It will be OK.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets do not need all of them to go super saiyan EVERY game, just need ONE of them to be at their very best EACH game.

Harden will do the rest.

6. carib

carib Member

Specific to Tucker who knows, the 3 pt is volatile and he is in a rut, hopefully he will breakout next game or by game one of OKC series.

In general players use their legs a lot as part of launching threes. If players are worn down playing long minutes and boxing out larger players they will go through struggles with the 3 and have a few dead legs games. If Carrol and Luc can get quality minutes to keep PJ and RoCo fresh in addition to House and Green that will be great.

Previous poster did indicate the Rockets are deep, but 7 to 8 man rotation is not using much depth. I hope we get to at least a 10 man rotation to keep the energy levels high and so key players getting sufficient rest during the game. A switching defense requires a lot more energy, especially when things are intense like a playoff series so that depth needs to be utilized.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

every with everything the op says, including regarding bruno and pj chucker

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Our team has a ton of shooters!!

Just need some makers. So far Tucker and Covington are looking like the 2nd coming of Tucker and Ariza.

D-rock likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Frazier to me looks like he's out there just trying to blend in. He doesn't want to do anything for fear of making a mistake. Not a great way to earn minutes.

I used to love Gordon, but cmon son. He needs to be spending every waking moment in shootaround.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

I never like going into a series with one of your starters out. And all it takes is for them to lose the first game and for OKC to get a little hope.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I totally agree with this.

D-rock likes this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Frazier to me looks like he is a G-Leaguer at best. No disrespect, I hope he does well but I just don't see what he's good at. He's not a scorer, he's not an elite defender, doesn't have great handle or court vision. What is it? What does MDA see that the average fan does not see?

Yet, Bruno played effectively in the G-League and with Memphis, comes here plays well with the minutes he's given but can't get time. Especially at a position where we need backup help.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Premium scorer Austin? Time to walk the talk.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am perplexed by this as well.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo scoring and defense will be key.

I also believe Rivers and Green need to step up for bigger roles.

And produce proportionately.

34to11 and saleem like this.
  17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Outside CP and Galleo, who do they have. Steven Adams Is their 3rd best player. It would take a major breakdown for us to lose to this team without their rabid home crowd.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wish we had Gerald Green still.

34to11 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

To replace which player?

BMac is better sniper and so is Uncle Jeff.

I hope you are not suggesting he replace either PJ or RoCo.

Luc, Demarre and Bruno do not even play. So it is useless to replace one of these guys.

Anyway he was not going to be available for Rockets this season.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

SGA is probably their best player.

Schroeder is pretty good too.

But I agree, we should still be the better team.