1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: if we're going to tank?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 11, 2020.

?

If tanking

1. Give Clemons all the shots, let him get a career high.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Play the bench more minutes, not tank per se, but for the fans to see them play more.

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Only take threes, set a record for three point attempts.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. No tanking. None at all

20 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

To stay in the Lakers bracket.
    To chase the Jazz, don't duck us.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

I'd say use these games to find some chemistry between players you might need down the line. Luc in case of a Tucker / Covington / House injury, same for Carroll. Frazier and Clemons for the guards. Chandler you pretty much know, but still. I'd like to see MDA use different combos with those 5 bench guys, regular rotation bench guys and starters.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can’t figure out what the strategy is for all these teams. Confusing with the extra games a few have under the belt pre corona.

D-rock, joshuaao, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Too late for MDA to build confidence in Bruno or DeMarre Carroll.....MDA won’t play them much in the
    playoffs unless we have a 35 point lead, and then only maybe. Shades of House/Farried last season.

I would do just like what the Rockets are doing: rest Harden/ play Westbrook-EGo; then rest Westbrook-EGo
    and play Harden in the back to back games and then see where we stand going into the final game. Try to
    stay in Lakers side of the bracket as no worse than 4th seed.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i don't consider resting James Harden on back to back this close to playoffs as tanking. its just smart to not risk any injury when you don't have much to play for. i don't think our team and fanbase could handle a loss to the thunder so i guess its better to go for the 3 seed even if we play the clippers in round 2. i don't feel the jazz have any chance against us. If we don't shoot well enough from 3, the thunder could easily beat us which is what i'm worried about.

i also worry about Russ trying to show up his old team which might lead him to shoot bad.

Kim, BigShasta and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Staying healthy n staying away from Rox Micro Ball at least in first round.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, clippers was obviously coasting through a whole regular season, we'd better meet them in the WCF…Their bench are too deep in comparison w/ LAL, in addition they can play small.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Sounds horrible:(

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For a top 3 pick pls.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we have to beat them anyways, so why worry about it? The thunder could take us to seven games and we can lose. The jazz would be 4-1 or 4-0. Then we could rest before the clippers series. Its tough either way but at least want to make it to the second round.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not that the Lakers get past Portland (or Suns); but we need to bust Portland in the chops. Rockets knocked that Utah monkey off their backs and now need to kick the Portland one upside the temporal lobe.

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

That makes sense.
    We, rox, are on a mission to launch a new satellite n send it to the orbit. So we got to ensure there are enough fuel in the tank before the mission archived.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

For the Jazz, it seems like saving face. Getting eliminated 4-1 at 2nd round in 2018, and 4-1 again 1st round last year.

It's like they know their fate is sealed. If they're going to be bounced from the playoffs, it'll be too embarrassing if it's us again.

14. AXG

AXG Member

I'd rather toss a game to stay in 4th than move up to 3rd. Even if the Rockets move up to 3rd, they will still play either the Jazz or Thunder in the first round with an outside chance of playing Dallas. It is of no benefit. The Lakers are more beatable than the Clippers.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let's play the Clippers before they gain chemistry, and play the Lakers after the second round.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

House played himself out of the rotation, he froze under the playoffs limelights.

And he has admitted as much.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's play them all.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You don’t pulled the rip cord that quickly if you are a coach.....it’s called panicking.

If nothing else you give the young player playoff experience. Helps in the development improvement phase.

Only way to get playoff experience is to play playoff games. Only way to get flying (pilot) experience is to log
    in minutes.

icewill36 likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

to face fakers in round 2.
    don't matter if we face okc or j*zz in round 1. we will win.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes you do if you're out on the floor looking like deer in headlights which House absolutely was last year

it's called coaching