1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC trying to avoid the Rockets in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Utah was up 16 at half (without Mitchell). Then saw OKC lost and sat all their starters in the 2nd half and are only up 3 now.

Synder and Utah are scared shitless of the Rockets.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No idea, I only watched the first quarter.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He knows they can't even play Gobert in the series and Mitchell gets schooled by Harden.

We are to them what the Boozer-Dwill Jazz were to the Tmac-Yao Rockets lol.

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so if UTAH and OKC both tank their next game and dallas wins out, who will be the fifth seed?

5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I'm pretty sure we're playing the Thunder. Got the odds at about -280 in my head.

D-rock likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Utah wants nothing to do with us. They are ready to tank to 6th. OKC doesn't want us either, but even if they tank the rest of the way they can't outtank the j*zz.

bleedroxred79 and D-rock like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i don't blame snyder...i don't think their fan base could handle another loss to us.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Yao and Co. were only 1 rebound away.

It was close.

Needed what we need now.

Shooters and rebounders.

This version of the Jazz is either defensively challenged or offensively challenged, no balance.

If Mitchell could score 30+ ppg consistently, only then they could hang, he can't just yet.

JumpMan likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP didn't play it all, watched till the 3rd and they were behind by 12 ish.

Suns pulled away in the 4th.

Luguenz Dort is a funny, defending man.

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Gallinari in OKC always seems to bust up the small ball scheme. That said, we’d probably deal with them in 5 or 6.

11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

OKC is tanking for their pick, but they won't get it

12. junk151

junk151 Member

Imagine being sent out by the Rockets AND Russ. Their fans would not be able to sleep for months lol.

D-rock likes this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'm not worried about OKC. why are people so afraid of them? CP3 and rus will have a great series against each other, both playing different styles but equal impact. Gallo vs roco is O vs D, even. shai will get to the rim at will, but he can't carry a team like James can. Schroeder probably has the 6th man advantage over ego but beyond that I think rivers, McLemore, green can outscore the thunder bench. Adams will allow more points off 3s than he can score over PJ. its really not a bad matchup for us.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would worry for ZDog.

Nook and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean, I ain’t mad that you’re confident in our boys, but you don’t break down a series by comparing player to player.
    I do fear the Thunder and am angry that we won’t be facing the Jazz. Jazz would have been lightwork.
    The Thunder do present problems. Chris Paul is a huge reason why. It wouldn’t be so shocking if he ends up being the best player in that series out of anyone from either team. Not to mention he is a very smart player and will help give Harden problems. They’ve been a good team most of the season. They also have plenty solid players, not big names. We have actually underperformed against lesser names before (Spurs series) and we have always been known to play down to competition.

But hey, fuc it. Bring em on. To win it all it’s best to be able to beat anyone, and not hope to avoid certain situations.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

Somewhere out there, Jerry Sloan is rolling over in his ...

D-rock likes this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of course we can look at how their system matches up against our system, but our system forces other teams to play our system. Adams won't be a big factor. we can switch everything meaning they have to rely on iso more than they want to. that's not great for a team that likes to have a PG orchestrate. do they have players who can iso effectively against us? yes, Paul, Schroeder, shai, but are they used to it? can they do it better than harden and rus? can Gallo iso? maybe in the post but that turns his 3's into 2s.

when harden or rus have a stinker, yes they could win that game. when Paul, schroeder or shai go off they could win that game. for them to win the series would take a lot of things going wrong for us and right for them. I'm not saying we will sweep, but I don't see us dropping 4 games to this team. I'd put the over/under at 5.5 game series. sure, jazz would've been 4.5 lol.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn't realize that we had a distant relative of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle here! I think you are on to something, sir. Congratulations!

:cool:

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You people act like we are locked into the 4th seed. Easily could be 3rd. If the Rox win the next two and have the Clippers/nuggets game with someone having to lose probably the nuggets

D-rock likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The NBA has turned into this kinda comedy.

baller4life315, Handles and D-rock like this.