1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets #4 Seed Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could not agree more.

Next!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whatever at this point. If Denver and Utah want to be fuccbois and try to get a specific matchup, let em.

Not a championship mentality.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I REALLY hope we stay at the 4. That Lakers 2nd round match-up is so much more palatable than the Clips.

I think we could legit take the Lakers down in 6.

jboslett, cmlmel77, Louka and 3 others like this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Utah did exactly what they wanted to do. They avoided the Rockets and are getting Denver in the first round.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, that's a losers mentality.

As a fan yeah we can hope for this but as a team?

I remember at the start of this whole thing Shaq, Charles, and Kenny were arguing about seeding.

Two of the guys were saying seeding wouldn't really matter, you just want to win the most games you can and get back chemistry and rhythm.

While one guy argued that teams should try to maneuever to play their best matchup.

One of those guys don't have a ring and the other two do. I'd hate to learn that my team is trying to drop games to avoid a team.

Utah and Denver are evenly matched anyway. Personally, i think the edge goes to Denver.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

diehardrockets likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Imagine Jazz reactipn when Rockets win out and Nuggs lose out and then they still have to face Rockets.

LOL

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nets beat the Clips!!!

We do y'all fear them again????

LOL

11. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

It's gonna be nearly impossible to catch Denver because they had one more game played before the break and so they have an extra win.

12. Mr. Space City

13. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Denver remaining schedule: Lakers, Clippers, Toronto
    Houston: S.A., Indiana (back-to-back), Philadelphia

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Shaq has actually said before I cant remember if it was with lakers or heat but they DID try to manipulate standings to get the best matchups. I think it was with Miami because I thought I heard pat riley's name in there, but he won at both places so I guess it doesn't matter.

Personally I don't have a problem with it and its probably a smart move. Just like its probably smarter for us to stay 4/5. Give Denver a chance to knock the clippers off. If you know there is a team that you straight up don't matchup well with you should avoid them if possible. That one bad matchup could be the reason you don't win the title.

Mavs could have won the title in 2007 if they had avoided the warriors. They had a chance to keep them from even making the playoffs late in the season but I think rested their starters. They were trying to pretend like it didn't matter who they played, but sometimes it does....

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Lakers and Raptors have locked up seeding. Clippers always seem to be resting someone.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Clips and Denver want Jazz, watch Clips tank to avoid Mavs.

#136 D-rock, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

interesting....

for tomorrow thunder play suns fighting for their lives, and jazz play mavs, but mavs are resting luka and kristaps

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - I cannot wait to destroy the Thunder.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah it had to be with the heat because I've always remembered him being against that.

I think that Mavs team just didn't have it, if it weren't the Warriors that got rid of them then it would have been the Spurs. I think sometimes for teams/players they have to suffer heartbreak an x amount of times before they get it. That team was over confident and had to understand how easy thing could be snatched away.

It's why I believe in this particular duo. They both have come close but never quite get past that hump. They both are just missing that one thing in their career