1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz, Clippers or Thunder, Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Aug 7, 2020.

?

Jazz, Clippers or Thunder, Lakers?

1. Jazz then Clippers

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Thunder then Lakers

43 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This could be a few days too early as there are a few other scenarios possible, but it's looking like the Rockets may have the power the choose in their own hands. Ideally, I think most of us want the Jazz in the first round and the Lakers (or Portland) in the second, but that scenario is not looking so great. The Jazz are hurting without BoBo and OKC is looking strong, but don't we want as many teams potentially taking out LAC before the WCF? Of course, the Rockets could lose to anyone. Just curious about preferences and why.

don grahamleone, RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Jazz then lakers. Idk how likely it is but that’s best. Even though idea of having to takedown lebron is a daunting task their backcourt is so weak it’s clearly the way to go. We can pack the paint on bron and AD and our backcourt should be able to go ape ****.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

get the Lakers instead of the Clippers in the 2nd round by any means necessary....they look like lunch meat

as for the 1st round, I don’t really care who it is between the Jazz or OKC...I don’t believe they have the offense required to beat us

OKC might be better at containing Harden that Utah because they’re more athletic, but I still see a 4-1 slapping

OKC has the following major playoff weaknesses against us IMO...they don’t have a dominant scorer or offensive threat, and they are just 27th in 3 point attempts/16th in 3 point percentage

we don’t have to worry much about them destroying us from deep, and Adams will get his fair share of offensive rebounds, but whatever, he’s not beating us...What is a great game for Adams? I see it being like 18 and 16 on this small ball lineup. That is easily surviveable. There is no Giannis or somebody on that team that we can’t stop from getting to the rim and finishing at will.

If the Rockets shoot even just average from 3 on high attempts, how will OKC keep up?

Utah? Gobert will be conceding wide open threes like Lopez was doing in that Bucks game. He’s nothing to worry about offensively either. Donovan Mitchell scares no one. The Jazz offense lets them down in the postseason every year.

I’m very comfortable facing either of them.

As for the Lakers, they’re 22nd in 3 point attempts, and 24th in 3 point percentage. They can’t keep up with us from the perimeter. They have pretty weak perimeter defense when it comes to guarding Harden and even Russ. Green, KCP, Waiters, JR. Harden will be commit child abuse. AD is soft and overrated. Dwight and McGee will be unplayable. Kuzma can get attacked all game. Please let us see them in the 2nd round.

Deuce, cbass, waytookrzy079 and 5 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone and their mother are trying to play the Lakers and Jazz.

Rockets just need to line them up and take them down, however their opponent is.

bro2044, Kim, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

You know what screw it, Jazz and the Clippers. I'm not scared of the Clippers, Im not scared of Paul George. And look forward to Harden stomping Kawhi so it becomes common knowledge that he has and always will be better.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. riko

riko Member

Utah is downright awful. Give me Utah

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lakers are a better matchup for the Rockets, but I don't see the NBA just letting Lebron lose in the 2nd Round. I would almost rather play the clippers because there is a bigger chance of the league calling a fair game.

BeBreezy, Cstyle42 and Kim like this.
  9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Everyone wants Jazz, then Lakers, but it doesn't look like that scenario will happen. I didn't think about the fair whistle issue... yeah, Jazz then Clippers.

HP3 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I wouldn't consider it an upset (because they're a good team, if not better) but OKCP3 could easily, easily "upset" the Rockets.

And playing the Jazz again would be boring.

Thunder 2-0 vs Rockets. (I know you're gonna say "but but but that was pre-small balls!")
    3 terrific guards, Gallo, Adams, Roberson is back...
    These are not your Russell Westbrook overhyped-underachieving Thunder

Little Bit likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Nvm, not even worth it.

#11 HP3, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Spice levels rising!

[​IMG]

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I mean.. You make an excellent point though, @HP3.

@J.R. needs to explain himself.

[​IMG]

#13 DreamShook, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    daywalker02 and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk man, dude's probably never going to explain himself. It is what it is,thats why i was just like whatever about it lol.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bobo? What a ghastly moniker.

Kim likes this.
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What's great is I think there are 2 BoBo's in the league if not more. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could you call Bol Bol Bobo?

Hakeemtheking and Kim like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank you for preserving @HP3 ’s post

HP3 and DreamShook like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pelicans, Memphis, Portland, 76erz.

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

OKC can play small ball with us. SGA-CP3-Shroeder had the highest +/- of any trio in the league. would want to avoid them in the first if possible, especially considering that we absolutely have the Jazz’s number.

Of the two LA teams, Clips match up better with us, but LeBron is a monster in the playoffs and the cash cow of the league.

I’d rather face the Lakers but primary concern is getting out of the first round, so Jazz-Clips it is