1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AMD... buy, buy, buy.

tinman likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Saw a friend post this. All I hear about studies done for HCQ is that it is not a highly effective treatment. Here is a well educated man that works in epediomology saying otherwise. It definitely gets confusing to decipher the best data. Curious of thoughts of the community.

I trust the overwhelming research that states that HCQ is at best neutral treatment or does more harm then good. I'm not medical professional but I figured this issue had been put to bed by now.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeat...exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

Also if these treatments were so damn effective, why do we still have so many deaths and long term issue with this virus? I understand no medicine is 100% effective but HCQ seems to have a low rate of helping individuals. Seems that the risks is not worth it.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t know about anyone else but It’s funny to me actually

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

the battle over HCQ is one of the most confusing parts of the whole thing. I get there is a $$ agenda. And now a political agenda.

but even the scientists can’t seem to agree.

there’s lots of studies that seem to show it doesn’t do much if anything.

But my cursory review seems to show most of not all of those studies either are too late or don’t study the actual cocktail that seems to work best - HCQ+Zinc+ZPack.

Like there’s a recent study of it in earlier outpatients but it doesn’t seem to study the cocktail only HCQ.

I googled and there is an ongoing study on the cocktail but preliminary results won’t be available till September.

There’s a Twitter Handel @Covid19Crusher or something like that the seems to be posting various a and graphs with not much of an agenda and lots of the graphs on an I risk level seem to support the cocktail working. Not studies just graphs. Eg. Area bans it. Death rates seem to go up. Area un-bans it, death rate a few weeks later starts trending down.

Stuff like that.

My gut says the cocktail when administered relatively early probably helps and does more good than harm.

ElPigto likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My gut says that it is time for breakfast, so there’s that.

BTW the studies with the best methodology disagree with your gut. Who to believe?

Nook and malakas like this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

robbie, with all due respect, when you feel like you have to start a post that way, you probably shouldn't hit send. I've read your posts here, and I'm not interested in engaging with you on this at all.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

what studies? I tried finding a study that tested HCQ+Zinc+Azythromycin on outpatients or even early stage less severe inpatients and couldn’t find one.

Happy to be shown those though.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but am trying to pierce through what seems to be confusion. If a doctor and other folks come out and say this cocktail works on this type of patient and a bunch of studies come out that only look at one of the parts of the protocol and say it doesn’t work... that doesn’t mean anything does it??

Please pass along any studies you can find on the whole protocol. Truly want to see them. Thanks!

edit: just googled “hcq zinc azithromycin” and most of the top results are pretty positive. Vs just googling HCQ alone.

11. KingCheetah

I believe the virus has actually been a major problem for NK for months now.

Ubiquitin and Jontro like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

My gut says you’re wrong.

@BallaDoc
    @Toycen428_2pt0

13. KingCheetah

14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't let Doja Cat catching COVID distract you that from before the pandemic hit she was outed for being a regular in a weird video chat with incels and even wrote a song titled Dindu.

Sajan likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't know any of these newb artists

Can we normal sounding names like Janet Jackson or Whitney Houston?

Phillyrocket, Sajan and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Music is mostly garbage these days. I bet it was always mostly garbage, but with no barriers to entry and everything being available for free we just get overwhelmed with manufactured crap. It's like those smartphone games that make money by advertising other smart phone games.

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Didn't that dead rapper Juice World who died by swallowing a bunch of drugs cause the cops were going to catch him get the #1 album?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Do they make hits?

like this

20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

On a side note: SARS-CoV-2 seems be taking off everywhere right now.

tinman likes this.