1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll tell you personally I know several people including people I'm related to who are both in the high risk group and also are deniers. Just today some relatives in FL were posting that FL hospitals are lying and that the staff should go to prison. I do my best posting information and pointing out where they're wrong and I fear that it will come to this before they change their opinion.

I agree if they get sick they are to blame but as at the same time it's not something that I wish to happen.

joshuaao, Kim, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rand Paul is still up and about even though he got it back in March.

In most cases this disease isn't fatal and as we seen many of the deniers will just point out everytime someone survives it to say it isn't that serious. Ignoring of course all the people who have died and all the people who are survive but suffer from complications. They will just feed their confirmation bias.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed...it’s unfortunate

they can continue to play these ignorant games, and we’ll continue to see more and more FB posts from people regretting their foolishness as they lay wheezing in a hospital bed

I’m still amazed at how these people’s minds work...how somebody can believe that 138K dead and counting is a hoax

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Chuck Foolery is a liberal crisis actor.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Here is a reopening story...

After the UK has put the virus under control the government is BEGGING people to stop working from home and return to their offices.

In vain. :D
    After people and companies realised they can be as productive by working from home while saving thousands of pounds from rent, commuting and lunches they refuse to return back.

The result is that the economy of the City of London, and the metro is in the brink of financial collapse.
    An office worker in the City has to spend about 1/3 of their salary in commuting, and the rent of the office buildings, owned by Russian and Chinese millionaires, is prohibitingly high.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump has been completely impotent responding to COVID-19...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

RayRay10 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@bigtexxx

Are you feeling it now Mr.Tex?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know it doesn't concern him as long as it's not him. He's never shown concern.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. DVauthrin

I don’t want anyone to catch COVID-19, but people like Chuck Woolery that bury their heads in the sand and call the virus a hoax are endangering others because of their idiocy and selfishness. If he was just endangering himself, nobody would care, but that’s not how viruses operate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

But Abbott says we can all go back to work and kids can go to school! When will these people learn that I can work form home and be more productive, even with my kids running around than in my office? I set up teams meetings on my laptop and we all talk in our home offices, living rooms, kitchens, etc. Quite frankly I like it more because I can see my employees lives, kids, pets etc and they can see mine. Talk about a bunch of smiles a day!

Just yesterday one of my employees's daughter walked up to the computer and saw me and was waiving hi. That is real life folks!

Now I can say that because I am not in the hospitality business and I feel for those people who lost jobs and are suffering. Our government shouldn't be giving NIKE, TESLA, etc. millions of dollar handouts. They should be using that money to help the people who are out of work, not because they want to be, but because they have to be. I donate what I can to help those in need and I don't use it as a tax write off either. The quote in my sig is why.

14. DVauthrin

I am ashamed to be a Texan and an American right now. Every other developed country in the world besides us and Brazil have COVID-19 under control. It’s infuriating.

RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brazil isn't exactly a developed country yet, certainly not a very highly developed country which is the category for the richest top 30 or so countries.

The only other highly developed country to compete with the USA's stupidity on Covid response is Sweden.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DVauthrin

Apparently, the journalist, Jim Acosta, left out the end of her quote, which reads:

"...the science is very clear on this...the science is on our side here. We encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools."

Stop telling lies, Kayleigh. The science isn’t on the side of reopening schools for in-person classes, no matter how many times you say it is.

Smart people aren’t listening to your bullshit anymore.

#2337 DVauthrin, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  18. DVauthrin

Thank you for the correction and my mistake. Our nation is in a class of its own among highly populated, highly developed nations when it comes to idiotic COVID-19 decisions that will live in infamy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No worries the terms developed, developing, highly developed are all subjective terms for the most part anyway.

The US isn't just in a class of its own on stupidity for COVID, it's in a class of its own on stupidity for many areas amongst the highly-developed world. This country has major problems across the board. We are an ultra-rich, highly developed country that seems to have no interest in living up to those standards.

Here's a neat system that I appreciate that attempts to quantify living standards for the average citizen amongst all countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

To me, this is a much closer capture to what America is then the old slang "USA #1", with the average citizen having a quality of life similar to eastern European countries like Poland, Slovakia, Hungary. This makes no sense considering how wealthy our nation has in comparison to those countries, but yet due to very high inequality, through the decisions we've made over the last 50 or so years in this country, here we are.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  20. DVauthrin

That list is depressing. Not only do we rank 28th, but we are the only nation in the top 35 that has seen its rating decline since 2010. It’s a damning indictment of how things currently are in America.

RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.