1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump designates Anti-Facists as terrorist group

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 31, 2020.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, no consideration for what such an expansive view of domestic terrorism could mean. Trump won't be in power forever and neither will the GOP. Groups you align with politically could be labeled "terrorists" under guidance like this. Be careful what you wish for.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny, Trump is a facist.

DD

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the good news is that we have it on good authority from posters earlier in this thread that Antifa actually doesn't exist, which means Trump is simply blowing smoke here and there's actually nothing to be concerned about

cml750 and B@ffled like this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The obvious issue here is that ANTIFA is not really a thing, just a loose collection of individuals, not under common leadership, likely just randomly adopting a symbol or a word, in the chaos of the riots, without even really having a message or belief.

What is dangerous, is that it is so intangible, and that the propagandists can label anything ANTIFA , or even pretend to be ANTIFA to further incite their tribes. It gives the low intelligence folks something to cling too and rally behind. It gives the racists a permission structure too ignore the murder and think in the back of their minds, " you know what, this murder was okay because look at the animals these people really are, they are ANTIFA! They are everything from our worst nightmares, just look at Fox News!."

As others have noted, how do you identify someone who is in ANTIFA? Who are its leaders?

#84 larsv8, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

Trump is a fascist. He can safely label any never-Trumpers antifa members.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Throwing a bright future away with a cocktail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/nyregion/nyc-protests-lawyer-molotov-cocktail.html

Two lawyers were charged with taking part in a Molotov cocktail attack on a police patrol car over the weekend — a human rights lawyer and a Princeton-educated associate at a Manhattan law firm.

The attack during the Brooklyn protests left the dashboard of a blue-and-white police car charred after a night of violent clashes between protesters and police, a symbol of the chaos wrought over a weekend of sometimes peaceful and sometimes violent demonstrations.

The car was unoccupied when the Molotov cocktail ignited, and no one was injured, the authorities said.

The two lawyers involved in the attack were identified by federal authorities as Urooj Rahman, 31, the human rights lawyer, and Colinford King Mattis, 32, an associate at the midsize law firm of Pryor Cashman LLP, who graduated from Princeton.

8. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Clearly terrorists and thus should be fully subjected to the awesome power of the State against terrorists.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Not having a how or some way to identify is important. It allows the fed gov to label as they see fit.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

congressman D.U. Eye... and no, he didn't serve...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Put me on record as denouncing these groups. They have no place for in society. Any White Supremest group has no place and certainly will never have my support.
    Note: you pulled a 2016 article and asked me where am I to be found. Here I am.

cml750 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

In other words, the press secretary lied, and trump and his bunker mates have no clue...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they’re white they’re Antifa. If they’re black they’re thugs. If they’re brown they’re terrorists or thugs.

If they’re burning tiki torches, they’re good people.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

How is it a 2016 article when it’s referencing 26 killings that took place in 2019?

the white supremacist who was planning to blow up a hospital filled with Covid patients was just a few months ago...thank God they caught him

We have radical right wing domestic terrorists killing people in this country, but where was Trump with the hard crackdown on them?

any white person shown rioting is being labeled Antifa

How are u able to tell that someone is Antifa?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Again, If I had known, I’d denounce it. I’m curious why this is being asked when the only relevance it has is that there are most likely some alt right wing groups adding to the violence. And I think they should be hunted down, rooted out, find out who’s behind the funding and exposed and hopefully prosecuted.

why is it that I’m easily able to identify what the proper thing to do is rather than put up an argument against it if there’s an appearance that it may hurt a political side? I don’t see that coming from a lot of the folks on the left. Rather than immediately denounce, there’s an effort to discredit. Then there’s an effort to deflect. There is no good faith in the discussions. And I don’t believe it will ever exist based on my experience in discussions had here. There are a few. They know who they are. But that fact that it only a few is telling to me. And with that I’ll leave you guys to sort it out amongst yourselves. I got something out of the D&D experience but it wasn’t what I expected. It may be more valuable than what I expected.
    Peace.

cml750 likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Calling this a lie is premature unless you have some inside information that they are without evidence.

cml750 and B@ffled like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

If they had info... they would be presenting it. To date, no law enforcement agency (FBI or local police) have such evidence. And given trump, his press secretary, and his attorney general's history of telling lies, its pretty safe to believe this is yet another lie.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's being asked because it seems like concern trolling on your part. Here's why.

The total cumulative death count from Antifa and BLM is exceeded by just a single white supremacist shooting up a black church. One right wing terror incident matches the total death count of Antifa. You understand that aspect on why we think you are concern trolling.

havoc1 likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What is the point of presenting it now? To stoke more hate? It is time for peace.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure how u managed to miss the abundance of right wing terrorism that has been going on in this country for years

U have no idea how to tell if someone is Antifa, that is why u keep dodging the question, but it’s ok to call all these people rioting Antifa members and label them domestic terrorists. Why? Because Trump and his supporters said so? U have been in this thread calling people Antifa apologists, and then want to talk about having good-faith discussions. LOL