1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Imagine calling others a racist and xenophobe for rightfully blaming China for one of the worst viral pandemics in our lifetime. Pull up your pants and see the bigger picture.

Nothing this guy said is inherently racist, you just need to make a bunch of assumptions & projections to bend it your way. What he said is true, and if you have any qualms, you might be too soft to survive this pandemic.

Yung-T and Senator like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The big difference is that COVID 19 started in China. They had the disease in their own backyard and did not do enough to combat the disease or, at worst, contain the outbreak before it got to pandemic levels. Can other governments be held accountable for their lack of preparedness? Absolutely but they can't be blamed for something they didn't have enough information on to properly fight against it.

As for sitting back for a moment of reflection, that's what SHOULD have happened 17 years ago with SARS and, yet, here we are in a similar predicament because their government chose to cover up the issue in order to paint a rosy picture to their people that everything's fine when, in fact, it's totally the opposite.

I do applaud their efforts to contain the issue with quarantines of people that have been officially affected by the disease but it's almost akin to giving them a 2nd place ribbon because they could have contained this moreso from the beginning.

Yung-T, BleedsRocketRed and Senator like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers have been eating newbs for decades

Roomba and Reeko like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1.5 trillion to bail out Wall Street. o_O

And the Chinese are supposed to be the Commies...

Lovemachine2000 and Bearded13 like this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

con·tain·ment
    /kənˈtānmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. the action of keeping something harmful under control or within limits.
      "the containment of the epidemic"

Spreading an extremely deadly disease to the rest of the world does not count as containment. I’ve also posted the definition for the rest of the idiots that seem confused by the idea.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Don't worry. They'll surprise him by preparing him a five star gourmet Sechuan cuisine only to reveal later that it was his dog or cat he had eaten...

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  7. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

This isn’t about Asian Americans or Asians in general. It is about the Chinese government who causes more oppression to its people than few other governments. Japan and South Korea are amazing and free Asian nations. It would be intellectually dishonest to not recognize that China could have been better in their response-we could have been better in our response as well.

Senator likes this.
  8. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I agree with everything except the Chinese government could have been a little quicker to let us know. We were told three weeks after they began internal action to stop the spread. Part of that is the natural reaction of a communist government but we could have been working to help. We have the best medical center in the world here and an extra few weeks could have help some people.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Their FDA is the worst
    Didn’t kids die from tainted baby formula ?

Screw them for dissing Morey. Nobody was chopping up bats in Hong Kong

10. tinman

Supporting Member

What’s worse
    Is that this might tarnish the name WuTang clan
    Which represents what’s purely American
    @Os Trigonum

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was there witness how it unfolded - the same pattern re-appearing here in the US. First the local government was downplaying the seriousness of the situation and then imposed more strict safety measures but the public at large either not taking it seriously enough or hard to enforce. The exact same thing is happening here, Italy, and other parts of the world. This a mankind problem, not just a problem in China.

To your point that this could have been avoided, had China taken lessons from SARS. A bit of hindsight isn't it. I wish the world and our history was just this simple. And to this issue of public health/hygiene, I am not sure where we should point our fingers at, the Chinese government, the Chinese people, the wet markets in China, or what. Like I said, this is complicated.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

USA saw a pandemic in China and did nothing. Didn't prepare, didn't do ****. China has done a far better job than America.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

The hatred displayed here mirrors all that is wrong with humans.

#53 Stephen_A, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

So In your mind someone mentioning any points or contention of truth against white people means they’re part of the Chinese communist party. Any freedom of thought that’s different from yours or mainstream reactionary thinking means they’re a Chinese communist? As well as if I have Any questions on history and our own political actions mean I’m any less of an american or believer in democracy? Sounds like you have more in common with communists than me buddy.

Lovemachine2000 and jowman like this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you do realize White people started influenza right?

you do know several major powers “concoct” biological weapons right? Stop acting like your **** doesn’t stink. Holier than thou. Get outta here with that BS.

Lovemachine2000 and jowman like this.
  16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I was thinking terrible self hatred stuff when this initially came out. There was a news story about an old guy in the California Bay area that was being harassed and was even robbed for his can collecting. I thought to myself that's what the origin of the virus would of looked like poor, dirty, uneducated, rural farmer type that saved up to get himself some exotic dog at the wet market the other month and now he's gotz to have himself some "Covid-19" bat because it would be very appetizing to him. Yeah get em,,, beat the snot out em... But that is wrong.

#56 Sanctity, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I only pointed out that this desease didn’t stated because people were eating wild animals, that it was about the conditions those animals are kept.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Let's get real here, @Senator

EVERYONE knows that the Mongul invasions of China between 1205–1272 changed their country irrevocably. Pre-Mongol, meat eating was limited to classic barnyard animals, fish and small game. The Mongols brought eating everything with them.

If you're going to blame China for eating bats, blame the Mongols. Chances are their cultural influences caused the China/Rockets rift, 750 years later.

Blame. The. Mongols.

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

“Wrong and cruel” your judgement. Look at the meat industry in America buddy. This is the exact point I’m making. Everyone’s **** stink. Your **** stinks. Mine does. Stop judging. Stop acting like we don’t have problems here and point the finger. Stop attributing things to a group of people or country. Like I said do we blame white people for small pox or influenza? Do we? Answer me that? What does all this blaming and anger and hatred do? Really. What? Again let us all get together find solutions ad fix it. Love people accept people stop blaming stop hating. Let it go. Just let it go.

20. Senator

Senator Member

Why are you trying to be funny here, when you're not a funny person?

SARS started in China due to similar reasons. Covid 19 started in China. There have been other diseases that "evolved" and originated in poor places of Africa due to sewage being close to water , but they do not have the resources China has to be clean in the first place and there is a lot less travel going in and out of these places other than health workers. And again, Ebola is one of many diseases traced to eating small animals like bats that in this day and age, we really don't need to be eating.

Lots of condemnation needs to be sent towards China.