1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2015-16 thiat I feel the Rockets should lose every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Mar 8, 2020.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Obviously, no team loses every game they play. But in 2015-16, it felt like they were going to lose every time they stepped on the floor, and it was an anomaly if they didn't. But these past two seasons, I usually felt confident any time they stepped on the floor. Sure, they would lose a decent number of games, but they never felt like they weren’t a well-oiled machine. Losses weren't exactly coming easy, and wins were as expected for a contender. They seemed all-in on their identity.

It seems now they don’t know exactly who they are and aren’t confident in what they are doing. Westbrook hasn’t figured out exactly how to play on this team. Harden isn’t Harden. The roster is filled with incapable role players. They don’t know how they want to play on offense, and they've not committed to an identity on defense. And they don’t have the right personnel to do it. 1 through 13 on the roster are incapable NBA veterans.

I haven't felt this confident in this team's ability to lose games every time they step on the floor since the 2015-16 season when they could rattle off 10 losses in a row like nothing. And they still have 19 games to suck even more and really blow as a team heading into the playoffs.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nobody will want to face us in the playoffs...rockets are just coasting.. as they should

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And we didn't have a FRP that year, either.

D-rock and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

And soon as they go on a 5 game winning streak, folks will be back on the bandwagon screaming HarGod".... Luckily I haven't given a damn since the 1st year with CP3, so I'm content with whatever!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the last time we were losing every game by 30, mchale got canned

bro2044 and BigShasta like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

dang this is were the GARM is at now huh

BaselineFade, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. bmd

bmd Member

No Chill Rocket, D-rock, AXG and 2 others like this.
  8. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Nah we all know it’s fool’s gold

9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

To be fair, I think the feeling is that this team can beat anyone but also lose with anyone.
    Anyway, I don't remember a catastrophic week like this. It has been truly embarrassing. Westbrook's face after the game said it all. Something is very wrong in this team.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

ah, so it was u who created that thread...looks like your work is not to be trusted as well

you’re Plowman 2.0

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

D-rock likes this.
  12. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

the way we turned 180 degrees from ultra explosive last week to completely fallen apart this week is a mystery to me.

Rox11 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I feel responsible too. Everytime I go to a game. They lose and go on losing streak. I went to two game in 2016 and both were the start of long losing streak. I felt good this season though. We were riding high and came back and beat Boston. I had no reason to believe we would lose to the Knicks so I went to MSG on Monday and of course we lost. :( And still are losing.

No Chill Rocket and D-rock like this.
  14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Teams can choose to collapse to Harden early which caught Harden off guard leading to turnovers.

Teams can choose to collapse late to harden which led to tougher shots!

Harden is not Harden without a big that he can potentially throw an alley oop to bail him out when defense collapses.

Harden struggled with the hack - a - howard, yet Harden struggles again without Capeala and the alley oop.

Defenses can simply collapse to Harden because harden struggles to find players in traffic. Simply put, Harden fails to find players on the move.
    This rockets team will definitely struggle to rebound so it's just a matter of possesions. Whatever team has to most possessions wins due to the lack of play making ability from Harden. Westbrook can make plays off of turnovers due to hustle but not sure if Harden can make those same plays off of turnovers!

#14 smoothie_king, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  15. Mr. Space City

lmfao 5 star thread OP

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Welp good things doesnt always last with the rockettes. :oops:
    Deal with it

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Weird thing is we had had very bad slumps this season. We are a floating and submerging submarine

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

FU

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

no one will face us in the playoffs when we've finally achieved the goal of 9th seed

solid likes this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Most don't think this is possible, but it is very possible. Just keep losing and they will drop out of the playoffs altogether.