1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now it's all on D'Antoni!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

From looking at the last four games without Capela and considering they played w/o EG and Bruno, the Rockets have everything they need to win the West and the Chip! Now it's all on D'Antoni. The only team I think matchup well against us are the Clippers but they still haven't proven that they can stop Russ.

I think the Lakers are too big, Denver is good but they don't have a closer, Jazz are good too but they are not playoff tested! I believe, if the Rockets can get the 4th Seed, matchup against the Jazz in Rnd 1 and Lakers in Rnd 2, they can win the West!

Everything hinges on D'Antoni making the following moves;

1) He has to play at least 10 players (WITH THE ENERGY THEY ARE EXERTING, HE HAS TO RESTRICT THEIR MINUTES).

2) He has to play Bruno 15-20 mins a game (HIS LENGTH WILL BECOME MORE VITAL AS THEY GET DEEPER IN THE PLAYOFFS; AD, GIANNAS AND PG. AND HIS ABILITY TO BLOCK SHOTS WILL ONLY ENHANCE THEIR DEFENSE)

3) MDA and EG need to have a heart to heart!!! (ALL THIS BOUNCING FROM THE BENCH TO THE STARTING LINEUP HAS TO STOP. WE NEED HIM MORE OFF THE BENCH AND HE NEEDS TO BE MORE CONSISTENT! NOT 0-12 ONE NIGHT AND 50 POINTS THE NEXT)

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Bucks say hello. Optimism is good, but if you don't have the Bucks as your frontrunner, you aren't paying attention.

Rocks92, tmoney1101, lw17 and 4 others like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I approve of this thread. I will shut up and listen

-TF

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

This is part of the interesting entertainment package of putting you balls on the table.

Its fun. I am honestly coming more around on this maceo crime family money and accepting the lifestyle..its like 2 mobsters you got the dantonis and the fertittys going at it at the grand nieces birthday party.

Fertitty put out his ultimatum and they will let it ride sink or swim.

this is what its like to be in the mob boys and starting to feel less dirty..kiss the ring all or nothing its got to be

[​IMG]

diehardrockets likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Covington, WB and JH will make it interesting to say the least.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

MDA should play hartenstein or even start hartenstein to make capeala salty riding the bench in Atlanta!

Only move MDA needs to make is out the back door after the rockets lose in the first the first round.

MDA and small ball is just a luxury tax savings scam. Nobody is fooled!!!!

#6 smoothie_king, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll bet a trillion dollars he does not have a 10 man rotation and does not play Bruno 20 minutes a game

8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

how about just end dtony and get him outta here?

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

not 1 but 2 MVPs - still in their prime...

I'm sorry but if you cant build around that (Morey) and put together a gameplan (MDA) without relying on high risk / high reward gimmicks... and not finish in at least in the WCF (barring major injury)... then you're clueless...

40% of your starting lineup are MVPs....

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The expectations with 2 former MVPs are higher than with just Harden....

kjayp and D-rock like this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

Agreed!

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Believe it or not, I think this is the first time we can truly say this is MDA's team since his Phoenix Suns days! Neither, LA nor NY was his style of play and Harden going one on one is definitely not his style of play, he was simply getting the best out of the cards he was dealt.

I'm not a MDA apologist. I don't like his short rotations, nor do I like the lack of plays but I think this is the first time he has had his brand of ball, so lets see how it goes.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that you think this is a “gimmick” makes me question your basketball IQ. A very Charles/Shaq/Kenny thing to say.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Your posts are very contradictory.

According to you...

We have a stats nerd GM.
    A clueless, offensive stat w**** coach who along with the advice of our stat nerd GM employ a “gimmick” offense.
    An evil, power hungry, me over everyone superstar who has created a toxic culture that isn’t conducive to winning.

And your expectation is that high?

Not to mention the two LA teams essentially have 2 MVP level players as well. 3 teams, only 2 can make the WCF....

harold bingo, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

No fair I wanted to bet a gazillion on the same action grhhhhhh I mean non -action

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I bet 2 trillion you are right

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather bet something I can deliver, one sour apple.

rhee, Hakeemtheking and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I eat my fruits and veggies , so I have no apples left

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hopefully still our Adam's.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn't really matter specifically who has won an MVP. What you're basically saying here is that any team with 2 top tier players in their prime should make the WCF or they're clueless? As @jordonnnn pointed out, there are 3 of these teams in the west. So out of the Clippers, Lakers, and Rockets, at least one of these teams is going to be "clueless" at the end of this year?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.