1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Greenberg: The refs should go back and look at it and change it at the next timeout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He is correct. No different than seeing if a foot was on the line for a 2 vs a 3 multiple possessions later.

Adam Silver *should* discipline these officials, but he will not.

Patience, tmoney1101 and D-rock like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen Rose has played and watched A LOT of basketball he knows damn well this has NEVER happened. This whole idea a made bucket, where the ball goes through the hoop and clears the net, is no longer a made bucket is simply a missed call notion is utterly ridiculous.

Blown calls happen all the time blown made baskets NEVER happen.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a rather arbitrary point that seems like you only care about as a form of post hoc rationalization. Missed calls can lead to undeserved buckets or a deserved bucket being taken away.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Technically speaking this appears to be a case where "no different" just doesn't work.

According to the NBA rules, the referees can review a made basket only to determine if it was a 2 or 3. There really isn't a rule at all that gives them the power to review a basket to see if it was actually made or not.

I know this is ridiculous.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Tell me the last time someone said a basket wasn't a basket when the ball went through the net. I'll wait while you gather materials.

7. fchowd0311

Why does this matter? Does KD running out of bounds and grabbing a lose ball while still blatantly out of bounds directly lead to a 2 pt jump shot by Curry?

Does the blatant backcourt violation missed call on Westbrook directly lead to a lob 2 pt dunk?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jalen's epiphany: net was too long

BigShasta likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What you fail to realize in all your rebuttals is the basket in these examples is never the thing in dispute. the 2 pts is never thing on trial.

He made the basket but KD was out of bounds!
    He made the basket but there was a back court violation!

Harden made the basket but.. That net too long.

dafaq?

10. fchowd0311

What?

He made the basket but the refs missed seeing the ball go in. Just like how they missed seeing KD step out of bounds or missed Westbrook commiting a backcourt violation. They all led to 2 pts being either removed undeservedly or given undeservedly.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes, that's what I mean. I understand there is *technically* a difference in the rules, but functionally, there really isn't. If this sequence ends up leading to them changing the rules on what can be reviewed, I'm all for it.

bro2044 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ok ill give up on the dunk.. if they revert the call on player of the week and player of the month..

man you people were being made fools by nba night in night out and you still make effort to justify all the bs
    how about game 7? wcf
    how about hardens stolen mvp last year?
    how about stolen mvp in russes year?
    how about game 1 rigg job last year?

darksoul35, Spacemoth and RayRay10 like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Refs routinely miss toes on the line for out of bounds, Goal tends, and back court violation because they aren't looking or they missed it.

So you are honestly trying to tell me, If all 3 refs don't see a clear basket, said basket should be waived off? All scores should be seen by the refs or doesn't count? If Harden makes a layup and all three refs inexplicably fell down or have their back turned and didn't see it, waive the bucket off. Because scoring is a judgment call, just like back court violations, can be missed, scoring the basketball can also be missed?

Is that what you are saying to me right now? If that is your case, we are done here.

#13 DreamShook, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  14. fchowd0311

Be honest. When you initially saw the play, you thought Harden bricked the dunk. That's what it initially looked like in real time. Only after the broadcast replay did I see the ball actually go in and I'm sure the same with you and 99% of GARM posters so don't act as if this was such an obvious real time decision. You suck at analogies. Harden making a obvious lay up and the refs not seeing it is not what happened. The dunk wasn't "obvious" in real time.

The obvious error here was the Rockets not being able to challenge the play.

****, the KD grabbing a lose ball while his whole body was out of bounds was a more "obvious" bad call in real time same with Westbrook's entire body being behind the backcourt line when he caught the ball.

Refs miss plays. During the course of a game, we as fans can only hope that the missed plays are even on both sides of the ledger. Challenging a game because of one missed call when the Spurs were at the recieving end of bad calls also is stupid. Are we going to now carefully analyze the game tape.of every game and take and add points to see if the game should be "challenged"?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It appears that the NBA didn't think of the possibility that a made basket would simply be "missed."

There IS a rule that says that if the scorer has a discrepancy with the officials that they can get together to sort it out but not go to replay. The scorer has to initiate that though. Doesn't appear that happened here.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In the arena about 50 feet from the play it looked like he dunked it so hard it went down and then the net rebounded and pushed it back out the top of the net, making it no basket.

I was explaining that to my son, only after getting home did I realize it actually went through the net and completed the FG process.

DD

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Refs missing plays is acceptable now?

There is a reason that NBA has process in place to review subjective calls after the fact. Refs have routinely added or removed points after reviewing during a timeout, even after significant time has gone by.

Using such blatantly rigged examples like KD taking 8 steps out of bounds to justify your stance actually supports the argument that refs need more oversight, not less.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What the hell, man I'm a guy at home watching the game in 4k, of course I saw it go in. I can see the scant follicles on Bullard's head for goodness sake. All the cameras were on Harden and the rim of course I saw it go in.

We are definitely done here. All scores are judgment calls according to you. If refs didn't see it, like a toe on the line, back court violation, doesn't count. I got it. I get your position. Too hard for the refs to see made buckets in real time. It is up to the Rockets to make sure they challenge all made buckets because the refs have too many other MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about..

This must be the upside down. where am I right now?

#18 DreamShook, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, now it happened! Boom!

Good basket blown by the ref....

DreamShook likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why 4K is too much for me, I would be good with 2K or tad less clear.

I dun need to watch people's freckles or moles....or pores.

DreamShook likes this.