1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RUSSELL WESTBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Anonymous8, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Rockets’ NET rating with Westbrook on court: +1.9 per 100 possessions

—Rockets’ NET rating with Westbrook off court: +11.2 per 100 possessions

—Rockets’ NET rating with Westbrook on court and Harden off: -17.4 per 100 possessions

I never liked this acquisition at all. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Westbrook is the same player he’s always been, a selfish stat padder.

I hope this thread can have the same reverse jinx reaction that it had on Harden but I don’t have my hopes up.

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets need another good scorer so that harden can pass the ball to instead of Westbrook in a close late game. Westbrook is the player you want during the game, but not late in the game to take shots.

Lawlruschang and Zboy like this.
  3. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Ideally, he’s a bench player that comes in and provides energy while Harden’s resting.

I wouldn’t mind it if Westbrook fouled out before the 4th QTR of every game especially against the good teams where basketball IQ matters even more.

pr0wler likes this.
  4. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I think our best lineup is actually Harden, Gordon, House, Tucker, and Capela.

jojolover and Williamson like this.
  5. psaman17

psaman17 Member

This man has quite some irrational confidence when it comes to shooting. Every time he shoots a contested shot off the dribble from 20 feet plus i yell NOOOOO.

Brah you cant even hit your stationary FTs from 15 feet, what are you doing?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If MDA is not going to call plays when Russ is in the game alone, he should run Harden and Russ together at all times. The bench without Russ would do much better. MDA continues to roll out the ball when Russ is not an ISO player.

7. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I think he did a great job getting to the rim last night. I think one of the issues is that when Harden sits, Russ's eyes lights up and he starts taking a bunch of off-dribble pull up jumpers. If he just stuck to driving to the rim, and taking the OCCASIONAL 3 off the CATCH or maybe an OPEN 12 foot jumper in the lane...he'd be fine.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is such a great sport though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People are forgetting that without Ego and House in the lineup, it's a lot easier to guard WB.

Lawlruschang, Tfor3, BeBreezy and 7 others like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

As much as ppl hate EG's slumps (including me), EG would've saved us last night if he was the one getting the ball from Harden.

EG is just extremely clutch, probably the most clutch player on our team. He's saved us at least half a dozen times in these kind of situations.

Russ just made a terrible decision (everyone always says he has lower bbiq than your average star), he should've passed to the open PJ or Capela lob after driving. His inner Westbrick took over and jacked up a 3 he's shooting at BELOW 20% this season.

It's really sad at this point, even I didn't think he was going to shoot this poorly. I thought he'd be hitting 30% at the very least.

RocketWalta, lw17 and pr0wler like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

You have grown to hate Westbrook after 16 games?
    Well yeah, OKC watched this for 11 years. :D

8 with Durant
    1 with Oladipo
    2 with George

2 of the 3 said "Nah, I gotta go."

12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

He's still better than the walking corpse CP3 turned into.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

He just should never shoot a three point shot. Drive to the basket, pass the ball, shoot a mid-ranger. Do anything but shoot a three pointer.

14. FearTheBeardJH

You can't win with Westbrook on your team. He is a ceiling destroyer. There is a reason why he has never won a playoff series without Durant.

15. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

We just barely lost to a healthy clipps team ,without 2 of our 6 best players,tf yall worried about ,if we were fully healthy and clipps were missing Lou and montrezl do u still think we lose?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Clips could be saying, we just barely won but PG is just 70% and KLaw is just always 60% in the regular season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

That statement is only valid if they didnt play well ,kawaii played great that game ,and pg contributed

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  18. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

A walking corpse averaging 19/8 per 36 on 60+% TS? Ok

Little Bit likes this.
  19. igotwhipscollectingdust

CP3 is pretty clearly the better player.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This game. Gdmt.

daywalker02 likes this.