1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

And Chandler and Thabo have had positive plus minus for a while as well. If you watched previous games you'd know this.

The small ball lineup has been "good" because Houston had the starting 5 with the highest net differential in the NBA for a while. In the small ball 4 of those 5 guys still remained in the lineup so obv they will have positive plus minus, thats what happens when you have Harden, WB and Tucker no matter what their role is. You know what has a better plus minus than that small ball one? Putting back Capela who is a legit center in that lineup.

Tonight Capela had 20 rebs, Chandler had 9, Tucker had 3. You think 29 rebs going to the Clippers would've affected the result? Lol midget ball is just a recipe for failure.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s freaking basketball my fellow Hossier!

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

What a huge win

D-rock likes this.
  4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Do people and take that into consideration when crowning the Flippers as the next NBA dynasty who is going to cruise through the West.

D-rock likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haven’t seen anything yet but no way he’s playing next game. Would expect him to miss a couple of games. Definitely looked like a concussion protocol thing. Really hope it’s not a concussion. That could really mess with his game.

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Twitter is hating Harden tonight. Can't handle that the supposedly best defensive player in the league switched to guarding Tucker instead.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just saw with Bev on the court the Clips were a plus 7 and gave up 33% shooting.

Off the court they were minus 16 and gave up 45% shooting.

More to the story I’m sure, but just saying.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh....Nah, they have not.

Its about match ups dude. There is gonna be a time when we need the small ball lineup. Yea, Im glad Clint is playing well, same with Chandler, but that small ball lineup will be needed for some teams. But lets say small ball isnt working(im not saying it doesnt), Dantoni adjusted and put it lineups that work..and you still call him Dumbtoni? Also did you ignore that Clint was playing awful to start the season?

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

They also have championships. So, they get the benefit of the doubt. They still are able to adjust within the game rather than just overplay your top-end talent into the ground.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think if he's cleared that no concussion occurred then he could actually play next game. and otherwise, it's something like 72hrs he's not allowed to play

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

There’s absolutely no reason/ excuse an NBA player should not at least bring defense every night

13. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So is it just a coincidence that the Rockets are this terrible with injuries??

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I run a Like charity. I am the Mother Teressa of Likes. If you want to get rid of haters, Like the good stuff. That positive reinforcement works.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

kwahi ike damn I really wanted harden not pg13 lol...the other 13 Ballmer lol

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder if a lot of that was beardo just going wilt in the final minutes when bev got tossed off the court (and also giving us a nice FT from getting T'd up lol), which would have happened whether his stupidass was playing or not

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t get where you’re going with this or what point you’re making to me

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll have to keep that in mind for next time :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Feel free to disprove anything I said.

Like I said, TO ME it seemed surreal and something didn’t feel right.

if you think I’m an idiot explain why

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not to dwell on any negatives, I’m loving this season so far, and this point (and play) is actually funny to me, but I’ve been saying for years that PJ is one of the worst finishers around the basket. Not statistically, but even when he throws it in, he’s literally just throwing it in, not putting it in. Anyway that open drive he had strongly backs up my claim. Watch it again, love PJ, but that attempt and then running into the padding was pretty jokes.

jboslett likes this.