1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wow, Morey just f'ed himself. Commercially, this is a catastrophe.

Wonder how this is traveling on Chinese internet.

DaDakota, PeterKingX and daywalker02 like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tilman is in a tough spot here...wants that China money but Morey is a damn good GM and if he fires him now it's basically a coward move that...well, would worry me about how he will run the team.

I can't help but think if this were Les he'd just ignore the whole thing.

It's very hard to imagine any kind of middle ground here, can't imagine Morey apologizing or taking it back for example.

Either Rockets will just try to ignore it as much as possible and move on or fire him. The latter I think won't be good for the franchise moving forward. I realize players don't have the best of relationships with GMs but Morey has basically become synonymous with the Rockets for the past decade for him to suddenly just not be there...

finsraider likes this.
  3. kevtse

kevtse Member

All they know is China the best, China cant be wrong, bla bla bla....and all the other people who are not with them are evil and idiots.

Actually the communist government did a great job on brainwashing their people. I actually sympathize with these deluded people.

Yung-T, malakas and HP3 like this.
  4. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

If China is so sensitive the rockets should give up on the China market and focus more on Houston. Get people in the seats!

But I think Tilman will sell out Morey for the money. I think he would disown his son for China but I hope I’m wrong

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

You’ll get a Morey response soon, he’ll apologize

DaDakota likes this.
  6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Also Woj liked Morey’s tweet and he’s getting the same stuff in his twitter mentions

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tillman's an idiot.

All he had to do was have Morey delete it, ignore it, if anybody ask claim the account was hacked and that it's all #FakeNews. Hell pretend Morey has a Twitter manager and pretend to "fire" the guy behind it.

Instead he publicly validates the rage and admits Morey is guilty to all of his own followers.

He wont fire Morey, he doesn't have the balls. This is Moreys team, Tilbitch can eat a dick I want Les back.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well the XinJiang Uyghur people never had to be slaves over decades. (Difference Jews never struck back and killed Han ethnicity in big numbers.)

Most country dun have a clean history.

This is equally bad.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, there you are wrong.

US shouldn't play World Police, at least let other countries handle it if they must.

US playing the WPolice again, helping nobody, not their reputation, nobody.

You already got tons of Muslims hating. Fickle situation though.

ArtV and Vivi like this.
  10. foofo

foofo Member

This is a sensitive political matter. If it is not handled properly, bye bye commercial/endorsement from China. Considering the vast support of Rockets team in China, this is a damage to league as well, rather than only the Rockets organization

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Reminds me of the USA really lol. I guess most large countries are like this.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No...

There is a difference between military intervention and not cozying up with Chinese interests.

If 2 million people were held in reeducation camps often as entire family units, it's the morally right thing to cut economic ties.

When people complain about "world police, they aren't reffering to sanctions or other non-military methods.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then cut it if you must.

But dun make it sound like it is 100% due to politics, the main reason was and will be because they are economic rivals.

If ppl can't even separate sports from politics, good luck with that. On both sides.

14. labmonster

labmonster New Member

Probably most people here don't understand what will happen next, most likely
    1)Rocket will immediately lose all the sponsorship from China
    2) It is not impossible that Tencent will void just signed digital media right contract with NBA (5year 1.5B)
    3) Rockets will be banned from Chinese Media

I guess here no one will give a damn to that, but as one of the highest paid GM, why put your team in an akward situation, that is just unprofessional (I am not judging his political opionion).

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Bots gonna bot​

ArtV and Yung-T like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I don't care what the intent is. China is using their economic influence to hush all criticsm of their blatant human rights violations.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Damn...u you just described Republicans (aka Trump Supporters). LOL.........

18. fchowd0311

Well, unlike in China, we can vote him out.

Handles, Yung-T and malakas like this.
  19. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

We’ll hear lots about this tomorrow probably. Morey is already trending on twitter

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah sure, and with the Gun situation, Police brutality/Black lives matter situation still not resolved.

The country got agendas of their own, and suggesting to go out and wage war on foreign soil again, just smh. :(:oops:

And only 2 big parties dictating what is best for the country, you dun have much diversity either.

At least Europe got more parties you can vote, of course they got problems of their own.

Vivi likes this.