1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans WR Kenny Stills is partnering with the Houston Police Department

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ab0_bleedred, Sep 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's not a true American though, true Americans stand for the anthem but don't volunteer their own time to help out the community.

BaselineFade, dkoune, stevel and 14 others like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

He has ruined football forever for me by kneeling during the anthem! I can't watch the Texans anymore, REAL Americans stand up for the anthem and refuse to volunteer to work with police in any form or manner. How DARE he be a productive member of society, rewarding good police performance not based on tickets, arrests or quotas!

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A true American stands for the troops so his wife can get on her knees to serve the troops!

dkoune likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good dude.

Hopefully, the more things like this get out there, the less ignorant people there will be out there that refuse to acknowledge or even educate themselves about what he's doing.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think his kneeling was newsworthy and the media fostered divide with how they reported it. This is a better story and i am glad we have great leaders among our city's pro athletes.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

@deb4rockets Has this man still ruined football for you? It just goes to show that letting one portrayal of a man's actions dictate your entire opinion of him is usually a mistake.

7. theimpossibles1

Worst post ever?

cmoak1982 and eliefor3 like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

Worst American ever? If it weren't for the troops you'd be typing in Irani!

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Classy dude

Texanstradamus and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

AMERICA, **** YEAH! Um.....Irani? Really, dude? Open a book, once? Farsi is the language in Iran.

Another tidbit. Iranians are NOT ARABIC. They are Persian. Pick up a History book.....

juanm34, LFE171 and eliefor3 like this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

whats more disrespectful to the troops? someone peacefully protesting? something that is a right that America is built on and something that troops lay down their lives to defend

OR

suggesting that the troops are horny men who would take pleasure in a random female performing sexual acts on them? nevermind that this male analogy completely disregards the presence of females in the army.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

You guys are so woke you can’t even notice sarcasm now. Wow

CometsWin and Nimo like this.
  14. theimpossibles1

Just take the L dude

15. REEKO_HTOWN

Just take the D dude.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

This is great to see.

Hopefully Stills can help restore a sense of trust that’s been lost on so many people. HPD, HCSO, and the surrounding agencies are full of genuine people. I feel like I’m often swamped in anti-police rhetoric across all platforms social media. The media clings to bad stories but never promotes good stories that happen day in and day out. And I get it. I have no doubt there are some bad apples. I’ve seen a few myself. But those bad apples are in the vast minority of the force. As an ADA here in Houston, I’ve handled thousands of criminal cases of varying magnitudes. I’ve seen a lot of police work. Both good and bad.

I’ve learned that some people, at the end of the day, will hate cops no matter what. You will never change peoples’ minds on that. But in my experience, the overwhelming majority of peace officers are trying to do the right thing and just help people out.

Good on Stills to work with the police to effectuate change in our city. I love Houston and everyone that makes it the great, not Dallas, southern charm city that it is.

#17 awc713, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Are none of your replies complete without someone taking D? Are you sure you are not just expressing your inner desires to us

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Buck Turgidson

Not to derail this thread, but I don't think you know what sarcasm actually is, much less how it's used in normal circles.

Carry on.