1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl & Mike can join him in OKC. ;)
    Cut the woe is me ****! :mad:

So many people freaking out right now it’s a joke. If you aren’t ready to compete then stay home. We’re getting our crew ready to RUN, and the @HoustonRockets will be there. @Jharden13 @RussWest44 @TilmanJFertitta @TheofficialEG10 @tysonchandler #ReadytoRun #ItsWoo #Fireworks

2. Denovo

Denovo Member

That Dwight take is just false lol.

Cp played his ass off in the 2018 playoffs tho. I can agree with that take for the most part.

Lurch, topfive, CRJ713 and 1 other person like this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I always remember him for shimmying on Curry. That’s gonna be immortalized as one of my all time favorite rockets moments.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao! You mean the guy who choked against our backups? Hey OKC can use some delusional fans.

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Deuce, dreamshakin, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

No, just cleverly dropping knowledge.

jcf likes this.
  7. BreakYoSelfFool

Actually the post said Paul was really really good player, which I still think is a stretch. He is still a really really good passer, and a really good Point Guard, but as far a nba players go as a whole, I would say above average to good, meaning he would start for nearly haIf the teams in the NBA. I probably wouldn't have thought much of it if it said good or really good, but the extra really is a overboard. The numbers used to prove it are that Paul is so much better without Harden on the court. Why talk about Paul's numbers without Harden if not making a point about Harden's effect on Paul's numbers? Why still talk about Paul at all? (bored ;))

Without Harden: 22.5 / 12.5 / 5.4
    With Harden: 14.4 / 7.1 / 4.9
    Totals: 17.6 / 9.2 / 5.1

I think the biggest thing is when talking about declining players, you can't weigh past stats as heavily because the production will probably not go back to that level. I guess it can be debated if Paul really is declining or if he just had a bad season coming off a great one. I think most people would say decline, but we will see next season I guess. I like Paul and wish him the best, but I think it is obvious just looking at the numbers that he wasn't working as well with Harden for a number of potential reasons. Even if keeps his without Harden averages next season, I think that would be added proof that these guys weren't going to work together. I think that if Paul had taken leadership courses a while back, he would have a better time getting along with and getting the most from his teammates.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

your definition or however you view it is just different. much like how people want to throw out the word superstar for a long list of players. Its funny how you say it wasn't working or whatever. Seemed to look just fine finishing out the year after the AS break, top 5 on both sides of the ball. when it looked the worse, the rockets had their starting center looking like a g-league player. and virtually no bench. having to play 6 actual players in the playoffs when it came down to it. but yeah it doesn't work. only of matter of time til the next one comes along that "doesn't work" oh wait, hes here already

#768 YOLO, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, it's not. You are so out of touch with reality. SMH

Reeko and eric.81 like this.
  10. TimV

TimV Member

Likely reading more into it than I should, but pretty telling he thanks the city of Houston but doesn't mention the team or his teammates. Smoke, fire and all that.

bmelo, sammy and daywalker02 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, the City welcomed him and did not trade him.

12. basketballholic

Your reality is fake and jaded.

13. sammy

You need help.

14. basketballholic

You need a lobotomy.

We can do this all day....

15. sammy

No, we can’t. I don’t have a track record of being what you have been around here for years. An utter embarrassment

Downtown Sniper and vlaurelio like this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Dude is like 60 years old and acts like a kid a true embarrassment

sammy and vlaurelio like this.
  17. basketballholic

I don't have that track record with the knowledgeable posters here. You do need that lobotomy.

18. sammy

You think gtfo is racist. You’re either a liar or a dotard. Take your pick

19. basketballholic

No i don't think GTFOH is racist. What I said was its just as offensive as "go back where you came from" and is actually the precedent to it. And if "go back where you came from" is racist then so is GTFOH... because they are most commonly conjoined and used together.

Very simply. "GTFOH and go back where you came from" is a sentence putting the two statements together in the form that they are most commonly used.

You know.... the longer you drag this out the more you demonstrate your need for a lobotomy. If you can't understand and keep getting things twisted up in that little hamster wheel in your head.....lobotomy.

bmelo likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

ThatBoyNick, sammy and harold bingo like this.