1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Justin James

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Roc Paint, Sep 25, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he had a sprain, speedy recovery!

2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This is hilarious

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Except you missed the part where the OP quotes me on every post I make and talks down on me lol

5. Roc Paint

Don’t mistake me for your mother

6. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Why are you in the thread ******** on his family member? It's stupid

don grahamleone and Roc Paint like this.
  8. Roc Paint

This is the million dollar question

King1 likes this.
  9. Roc Paint

This ******* should feel lucky that I don’t plaster this information on the front page around here

King1 likes this.
  10. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Zinger

11. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

You’re the ******* lmao. You literally quote every post I make and start something. Get a life bud

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a good look for you, man. No sense pissing on the dude's parade. The guy is believed in his cousin and watched him live out his dream. He has a right to be proud.

13. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

It’s an online forum, I couldn’t care less what is a good look for me or not. I don’t care about him or his cousin, but he deserves to get hate back for the bs he spits

14. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

What's wrong with you?

don grahamleone and Roc Paint like this.
  15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DEAB2DAC-8E14-48B3-B04F-7084F8E341AB.jpeg

Roc Paint likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Can Justin James be a contributor for the Sacramento Kings?

by Gurjus Singh2 days ago

NEXT1 of 3PREV POST
    Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
    [​IMG]
    In the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings drafted Justin James with the 40th pick. Can he become a contributor for the purple and white?

In the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings used their first second-round pick on Justin James from the University of Wyoming.

[​IMG]
    James Ham

✔@James_HamNBCS

Per league source, Justin James’ new contract with the Sacramento Kings is a 3-year league minimum deal (3-yr, $4.2 million) with the first two seasons guaranteed.

[​IMG]

What does this mean for Sacramento?
    Based on the amount of guaranteed money James got, it shows how much confidence the Kings have in him going forward. But when the Kings decided to select James with the 40th pick, it did cause some controversy within the team’s community.

For the fans that did not like the acquisition, it was because they thought there were other players available that were better than James. Also, the fact that the Kings selected another two guard did not please the team’s fanbase either.

But for people who did like the acquisition, they believed that the production James contributed while with the Wyoming Cowboys could translate somewhat to the NBA while with the purple and white.

RELATED PRODUCT

Sacramento Scores Short-Sleeve T-Shirt
    To me, there are points that I agree with on both sides which is why I am writing this piece. Let me explain how I believe Justin James can be a contributor for the Kings right now but also mention the aspects of the game that the rookie can work on going forward.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Can Justin James be a contributor for the Sacramento Kings?

by Gurjus Singh2 days ago

NEXT2 of 3PREV
    Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
    [​IMG]

What can Justin provide already for the Kings?

Justin James is an intriguing prospect because he can score in multiple ways. He is a 6’7″ guard, similar to Klay Thompson, who can score off the dribble and does provide a little bit of playmaking which he displayed during his limited time in summer league.

He improved every year during his time at Wyoming averaging over 22 points per game in his final season. But his three-point percentage dipped to around 30%.

In Las Vegas, Justin proved more of the same of how he can find creative ways to score. He seems to fit in the fast-paced offense the Kings are trying to run, scoring on multiple fastbreaks when he was playing against teams in summer league. He also has athleticism and strength by finishing dunks and And-1 baskets.

James can also provide defense for the Kings. As shown in this clip, Justin gets a chance to swipe the ball and complete a steal, resulting in a fastbreak score.

In his summer league game against the Houston Rockets, Justin showed why he could be much more of a force on defense rather than just creating steals. He moves his feet on defense smooth and does not let his opponent get past him resulting in a block and a turnover. He has shown this kind of movement on defense throughout his Kings tenure so far.

Williamson, King1 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. Roc Paint

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Justin
    James

#1 | SG
    RATING
    Justin James NBA 2K20 Overall rating is 70 and this has been officially confirmed by 2K.

This should be fun!

don grahamleone and DoitDickau like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Justin James Earns RTP Leadership Award

Following Justin James’ four-day stay at the Rookie Training Program (RTP), the University of Wyoming grad was recognized with an RTP Leadership Award.

According to the NBA, the award is given to five RTP attendees each year, and recognizes “players who demonstrate outstanding team leadership, engagement, and commitment to the personal growth and development of themselves and others.”

We caught up with the rising star to discuss the award, his overall RTP experience, excitement ahead of training camp, and more.

What does it mean to you earn the Rookie Transition Leadership Award?

The Rookie Transition Leadership Award meant a lot just because I pride myself on being a leader and trying to get involved in any way I can to help my team at the time do the best that we can. But, I was just making friends, gaining relationships, and building trust with other people.

What was the experience like at the program as a whole?

It was great—really great. The best part about it was just being able to talk to retired NBA players. They weren’t just people who were telling us stuff, they were people who have been through it and who have gone through the things that we are going to go through.

So, it was a very helpful situation just because there were a lot of people who are in the situation that we are in now and they made a success out of it. They were giving us some tips to become successful.

How excited are you to head into your first training camp as a rookie in the NBA and your first NBA season?

What I’m most looking forward to about Training Camp is just to get the whole team together. To have us finally practicing as a team, going hard, sweating, and just putting those hours into the gym as a team.

I’m super excited. I waited for this my whole life—to finally say I’m an NBA player. So, I’m working hard just to get ready for Training Camp and I’m super excited.

What have you been working on most since Summer League wrapped up?

I’ve mostly been continuing to try to be more consistent with the three-ball. I’ve been putting on more weight and always continuing to defend. Being able to play defense is another reason to keep me on the floor so I’m just working on that as much as I can.

Stay tuned to Kings.com as Media Day coverage tips-off the 2019-20 season on September 27 at Golden 1 Center!

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

30Q: Can one of the Rookies earn playing time?
    Could Justin James or Kyle Guy earn minutes in Sacramento this season? With the Kings depth, it’s unlikely, but not impossible.

By bswest5@BSWest5 Sep 25, 2019, 8:06am PDTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
    [​IMG]Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
    On paper, the Sacramento Kings have a deep roster. The squad has arguably 12 players who deserve playing time, and you have to go back to the golden era of the franchise to find a Sacramento roster this deep with legitimate NBA players. And while the 2018-19 Kings don’t have the same expectations as the 2003-04 squad, their depth does share a similarity; viable minutes for their rookies are likely non-existent, baring some terrible injury luck or an unexpected rookie explosion. Could either Justin Jamesor Kyle Guy, both 2nd round selections from the 2019 NBA Draft, earn some playing time with Sacramento? It’s unlikely, but not impossible.

Justin James signed a three year minimum contract with the squad back in July. His contract is not a two-way option, so he’s part of the Kings 15 man roster; as such, he’s the most likely of the rookies to earn spot minutes in blowouts. In the Kings summer league contests, James had some ups and downs as a scorer; he shot just 25% in the California Classic, but rebounded in Las Vegas and averaged 11.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 2 assists per contest on 57% shooting. More important, he showed himself to be a dedicated defender with some positional versatility, and he proved himself a willing distributor. While the Kings roster is especially deep at the point and in the paint, there’s less depth on the wing; if something happens to Buddy Hield or Bogdan Bogdanović, Luke Walton could opt to run more two point guard sets with Cory Joseph or Yogi Ferrell, but it could also open some playing time for James. Still, it’s more likely that he spends the majority of the season on the bench or with the G-League Stockton Kings squad.

Kyle Guy quickly became a fan favorite in Summer League; the former Virginia Cavalier showcased his deadeye range from deep, played tough beyond his skinny frame, and kept the ball moving. The Kings inked Guy to a two-way deal in the middle of Summer League, which allows them to keep Guy with the Stockton Kings and bring him up to the Sacramento roster for up to 45 days. A season in Stockton is probably best for Guy as he learns to handle the speed and physicality of the pros—note that Virginia was the lowest pace team in the nation over the last two years, so it’ll likely take Guy and his 6’2, 170 lbs frame some time to adjust to the style the Kings want to run. But if there is anything college basketball fans learned over the last 24 months, it’s not to doubt Kyle Guy; Guy could give some spot minutes to Sacramento if the Kings guard rotation ends up needing more firepower.

The Kings final draft selection, Vanja Marinkovic, signed a two-year contract with the EuroLeague squad Valencia. The contract reported was expected to include an NBA opt-out clause, but if the Kings were planning on having the 22 year old Vanja with the team this season—or in Stockton, for that matter—he would have almost certainly relocated to California already. Given the Kings guard depth and the two other rookies already inked to contracts, allowing Vanja to continue to develop in EuroLeague is a smart move.

And finally, it would be remiss not to mention Wenyen Gabriel. Sure, he’s not a rookie by the NBA’s legal definition—he played plenty for the Stockton Kings last season, and spent time with the parent club in Sacramento—but the former Kentucky Wildcat has yet to play a real NBA minute yet, so we’ll call him a Ben Simmons rookie. Gabriel was the Kings best player in Summer League, averaging 15.3 points and 7.4 rebounds across his six games while shooting 41.3% from deep. He primarily played as a big in Stockton, but could play as a swing-forward for the Kings, especially if his deep shot remains locked in. He’s on the second year of his two-year, two-way deal, so the upcoming training camp is the time for Gabriel to prove he belongs in the Kings’ long term plans.