1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto Accident Lawyer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by texanskan, Jul 4, 2019.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Hello,

I recommended a lawyer to help mediate between a friend and an insurance company for correct compensation from an auto Accident

Anyway the attorney got busy and disappeared. This is not something major the car was repaired, the medical is done they are just trying to screw over a woman who is just looking for fair compensation.

I do not think it would take more than a handful of billable hours so any one on here or a trusted source for something like this?

Thanks

2. likestohypeguy

SOrry to hear. IDK I imagine you could hire one on an hourly, but most accident/injury attorneys work on contingency. You don't pay them anything until if/when you win or negotiate a settlement, of which they take a third. If that first attorney blew it off, it was because the probability X how substantial the potential payoff, wasn't worth his time. They also like to control everything from the beginning, especially the medical, where their doctors over diagnose and are heavy handed with the rehab, treatments, appointments etc. to make a stronger case (& you're never out of pocket throughout). If she's already done and paid for it all, and they can't manipulate perceived damages/injury, it's going to be tough.

What's the insurance co. offering vs. how much she's down at this point? If it's not substantial, might have no choice but to hire one on an hourly, and that's ofc going to eat into how much better they do for her, and might end up losing more. Might not be worth it. Talk to a few and see what they say, if they think just a conversation with the insurance company can get a little more out of them, but there will be no serious threat of actually taking them to court. Good luck.

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yeah they made an offer at the beginning and I know how this works I said take it and be done.

It's definitely not the former, everything has been done and lower offers are being made.

Along with a hard time for diminished value and paying full sticker not insurance co-pays

That's why I suggested an hourly lawyer just to hop on the phone and try and maximize the settlement

4. likestohypeguy

How far apart are the damages vs. settlement offer, and what if anything has she done to counter? I have in the past with minor claims presented my own evidence to them, and got them to move significantly off an initial lowball without an attorney.

texanskan likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. gatsby

gatsby Member