1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Rockets tried to trade Chris Paul to Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's noteworthy to post because of KOC. I am not posting things from *debaters.* He was given intel. And it is up to judge how much we believe it.

Nook and Moleb like this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Morey and CP3 denied trade request / demand, but not inquiring about his value. Morey of course has to lie about trying to trade him.

3. derp

derp Member

I believe you can't combine players in a ST anymore. A trade is all we can do.

4. Moleb

Moleb Member

Id throw in a draft pick or 2 tbh. Anything to get rid of that contract. I hope our back up plan is trade him to the Suns.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope for the best on that front.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. basketballholic

It's the same turd floating around that they're biting thinking it's chocolate.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This thread and its’ responses make me want to stop following the rockets for about 5 years. It seems hopeless.

There are so many people at fault too. The few people I don’t blame are probably Tucker. And I would say Harden. But he should have never allowed that contract.

I remember people stating the rockets didn’t have a choice. That response was clouded by the chance of a title this year. I don’t see a way out this year or in the near future.

Most likely this team will not be good again with good players until 7-8 years from now.

NotInMyHouse and Mazulis like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basketballholic is the chocolate turd that floats around Clutchfans hoping for a bite.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the words of a former associate.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The guy that became disinterested every time he didn't initiate the offense?

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Because whenever someone else did it was miserable failure?

Again, no one else was capable this year. See 2018 for how our offense/defense is supposed to look. 2019 was the year that The Beard dragged a trash roster to round 2...

jcf and Blurr#7 like this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Harden has the highest usage EVER in NBA history. How could such a small sample size be labeled a miserable failure?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2018 was when Paul was initiating the offense. That's why they made it as far as they did and didn't go any further when he got hurt.

mastan likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

How many Chris Pauls do we have on this team??

523744 likes this.
  15. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I agree with this, but also think CP needs to recognize the strengths of his game have diminished, and accept that he’s not the player he once was.

That said, he’s still one of the smartest players in the game, and should use that to his advantage - because his athleticism is no longer his advantage.

(Jason Kidd style)

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's quite impressive. The Hindenburg comes to mind.

Hey! I get it.

Tilman suddenly became disillusioned with owning an NBA team after discovering that it isn't like running a supersized Landry's, with basketball players waiting on tables and working in the kitchen, and he's negotiating with some wealthy Germans, led by @AroundTheWorld, to purchase our Rockets and move them to Berlin!

mikol13 likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Because you don’t need a big sample size to see that Tucker/House/Gordon/Clint etc, can NOT effectively score without Beard serving them up.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Exactly.

2018 CP3 was capable of taking some of Harden’s load.

2019 CP3 looked like playoff John Starks whenever he had the ball. Couldn’t even give Harden a rest with the 2nd units that were designed to get him going.

Hence, we need Jimmy Butler to take Harden’s hot loads...

lilbird20 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. raining threes

Would love to see Butler here. Paul's contract is an albatross but Morey will find away out.

Gotta have forwards taller than 6'4 if they want to compete.

HakeemOnlyFan and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think CP is aware of his deficiencies and the main reason he was asking Harden for help by moving (allegedly). CP cannot ISO as effectively anymore, so he needs a real offense to shine. If Harden is going to be running with him, CP will need Harden to help to run a real offense that doesn't require CP to ISO or play with only 3 off-ball players while Harden waits at mid court.

ChumpCity and Easy like this.