1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs a plan. Start w/trading Capela for...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, May 21, 2019.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i agree that we shouldn't get rid of Capela unless we are significantly upgrading the team. As you know, he was our 2nd leading scorer in the regular season last year. He does have limitations to his game, but he's definitely worth his contract. I think Beal, Kawhi and Davis are true pipe dreams. I'm hoping Butler is not because he's exactly what we need. Really hoping we get away from Small ball a little bit. While it has some obvious advantages, i think it makes us vulnerable on the boards and makes it much easier for teams to score on us in the post and in the mid-range. Losing the only real size we have in Capela to double down on small ball strikes me as a very risky strategy.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

@BigBum's stretch big?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How is he a much better fit?

4. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, it's bad enough as a Rockets fan to see your expensive center play like crap. Then it dawns on you that everyone else is also seeing this. Depreciating in value before our very eyes. One can only wonder how much depreciation the Rockets have had to eat over these years.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Doesn't this belong in the "Random Roster Overhaul Ideas" thread?

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike Dantoni gets fired in 2020

MIke didn't play Harrell as a Rookie against the Spurs in the playoffs, I think Montrezl was extra angry at the Rockets this year.

Montrezl Harrell is a Free Agent Next Offseason in 2020

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KLove

xiki likes this.
  8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

you dont think turner will help more than capela? Harden and Capela has proven that wont work. We need other options PERIOD

RocketOrg likes this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been playing around with Markkanen in the trade machine. I just don’t think Chicago would do it. They Have Wendell Carter Jr, and neither he or Clint can spread the floor.
    He would be a nice get though.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey doesn't need a plan. He literally is working around the clock on dozens of plans. Trust me. He knows what he needs to do. The issue is if everything lands.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree with this. After the GS series I would have traded Capela for a bag of chips. However, realistically, he is a project and needs a lot of work. He can improve.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

On the contrary. Capela is a center, Turner and Sabonis are PF who can play center in a bind (PJ Tucker type)

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why do people act like Capela is making
    25 million a year?

Rocket River

Relativist, Bo6 and deb4rockets like this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Morey doesn't need a plan. He literally is working around the clock on dozens of plans. Trust me. He knows what he needs to do. The issue is if something lands.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  15. dream2franchise

I don't see Indy making that trade either, but Turner is a player I'd trade Capela for. I'm out on trading Clint for anything other than a big that will improve our team, and he's one of the few. We're small enough as it is. (and I don't see a top 10-15 player getting traded here).

What we need is a different look to throw at teams when Capela isn't going well because of matchups, and that has to be a stretch 5, or a playmaking 5. I just don't see who that can be that's affordable. As far as playmaking fives, a player like Bam Adebayo would be amazing, but Miami wouldn't part with him for anything.

Stretch Fives....I don't even know. Vooch will be hella expensive. Wondering what Brook or Marc Gasol will command as FA's.

I'm hoping Hartenstein is putting up 1000 three's a day over the off season. His shot looks comfy and loose and he can rebound as well. Plus, he has legit size. He's likely our best bet.

16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Sorry can't improve heart, and that's what he lacks against players that are aggressive with him. A la (draymond green, Brooke Lopez).

17. smp

smp Member

Please not this again. We need to be proactive and get in the mix early in the off season. Quit waiting around for other people to toss out some trash so we can come behind and pick it up.

Capela, Tucker, and EG is our trade bait. We have to make something out of that trio.

18. jowman

jowman Member

Can’t dunk either when he can’t even catch the ball clean.

19. omgTHEpotential

Trade Capela for a top10 pick. Draft Goga Bitadze.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Turner has an inch in height and 2 plus on standing reach over Capela.

He also played center pretty much exclusively all year.

He’s a center.

D-rock and seeingred like this.