1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adjustments for Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

These are my adjustments:
    • No more playing Shumpert, he has not bought in to our defensive philosophy which hurts us. Austin should be back next game, so hopefully we will be okay here.
    • Mike D, please use your freaking time outs, every possession is valuable. When Harden had nothing and was struggling with the traps, with less than 2 minutes to go, call it there. The second Chris Paul got the rebound, lets regroup and try to get a better shot. Mike, you have to coach better in this situation.
    • The refs set the tone today, they aren't going to make calls for the Rockets and the Warriors will be allowed to land under the shooters feet, we are going to have to deal with this, just get back on D and stop talking to the refs. For the very least, lets get back on transition D and give us a chance.
    • Harden needs to get a couple of more mid-range shots like he did on Kevon Looney. The shot is there, go ahead and take it (I know this is wishful thinking).
    • Keep playing Nene, he provided a good presence in there. Faried won't be much better on those pick and rolls so he will likely get abused the same way.
    • If Green has it, let him play a few minutes, if he doesn't, yank him out, his lack of defensive awareness led to a few Warriors buckets today.
    • I know House hasn't exactly lit it up, but I can deal with a shorter rotation and rather play House heavy minutes if it means no more Shump and limited Green time.
    • Please find a way to rest Paul. He played the entire 4th tonight, he was already shaken up on that last play. He is the difference that gives us a glimmer of hope of being able to steal this series, please don't run him to the ground, it's going to be a long series Mike.
    • SHOT CLOCK AWARENESS, PLEASEEEE!
    The refs situation is seriously out of the Rockets control. We can continue to whine about this the whole series, but the reality is that today this game was very winnable and I believe we should of won. Durant presents a huge issue for us and that's really the key difference in this series. The Rockets played good physical D on him, but as expected he got it going eventually. We need to continue to focus on limiting Steph and Klay and hope they have bad games. I can deal with Green hitting a couple of turn around shots or Looney hitting jump shots. We cannot let Klay or Steph get going.

It's going to be a tough series and I know many of you are already in meltdown mode after one game, but this series is going to be long and it's going to be tough. I definitely feel we have a chance. Jimmy will hopefully shoot better. Despite the inefficient play from him, he did keep the score board moving.

I can't wait to game 2. It's torture losing one game and having to wait for the next one.

Everyone needs to remember, we only have to steal one at their home. I know it seems like today was our only chance, but our shooters weren't great. The Warriors have been careless with the ball ALL SEASON long so expect it to continue happening. We have a chance. CLUTCH CITY.

BeBreezy, Voltik, seeingred and 22 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hopefully we get Rivers back and are good enough to overcome .

After all , despite this incredible bullshit and worse case scenario .... we still had a chance .

RyanB and smoothie_king like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Maybe start folding your feet backwards on 3 PT attempts before you hurt yo damn self! They clearly ain't calling it!

bballjunkie, farhen and hakeem94 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let's see...

Yep.

Yep. But not too significant in the Game 1 loss.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep, but this is wholely dependent on House actually making the plays he's supposed to. Today he got maybe 1 of 3 right, but more often we saw him missing an open 3-pointer when Harden was double-teams, or on his ass at the end of a play he should have defended better. I'm all in favor of playing House more if he's playing well. If he's playing like a playoff rookie, then he should be watching from the bench.

Nyet. We needed him in there tonight because we has a shot at stealing this one.

Yep.

mikol13 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hope rivers is good to go .

An average rivers game might have been the difference tonight .

chadyang, RayRay10 and rgw20014life like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Harden needs to shoot better and attack the basket. Hit you’re 3 s and use this crap as motivation. We had everything that could go wrong do go wrong and still should have at the very least taken it to OT

I’m more confident now then before tip off after that. The Warriors are nothing but a novelty act made by the league an the refs

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

"The ref situation is completely out of our control, stop whining"

These type of fans kill me. We get blatantly robbed, the refs cheat for the Warriors (again), and your response is "ehh can't blame the refs". Yes we can. They are crooked.

Expect in game 2 for us to get EVERY call. They're gonna try to even the series out by givin us a game. As a long time fan, it's disappointing seeing NBA basketball dictated by the officials

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Pull a longest yard and beem the ball at a refs head

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Maybe Clint Capela will grow a pair

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

- continue to effort capela even though he still struggles against them
    - floater fine harden is ok
    - get shumpert out
    - forget the refs
    - stop switching harden on durant
    - have cp3 run point more

seemoreroyals likes this.
  11. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Capela needs to show up and stop being timid.

Faried needs minutes just for hustle plays and rebounds.Faried played very well against gsw in reg season game.

Please do not think our strategy is fine cause only lost by four. On offense need to attack the paint & look for 3s yes but not contested.

Defense needs to recognize GSW exploiting the switch on bigs (NeNe) and adjust.

Cuts and slashing needed.

Rebound the Ball!!!

jboslett and seemoreroyals like this.
  12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Send the refs some spectacular wine baskets

seemoreroyals likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Shumpert was solid in the 1st half.

Williamson likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i told a bball buddy (lebron stan) a little while ago that shumpert is a worse defender and shooter than me. he agreed

15. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Get Rivers back, blast him w/ IV antibiotics, vitamin C, whatever the f*** it takes.'

And remind Clint's p***y ass that if Rox don't make WCF then he misses out on $500K

Oh, and staple a note to D'antoni's forehead that says "DON'T PLAY NENE IN CRUNCH TIME"

The refs are against us, you can't change that, but we have to control what we can.

RocketTheory and farhen like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The game was close. Id like for us to move off the ball when it's tight and take a risk with a shot.

There were times when we didn't counter will off their pressure during our midcourt handoff/reset that shaved off seconds of precious setup time. The reset usually happens with 11-12 seconds left so their soft trap takes away another 3-4 seconds.

Adjustments will have to be made.

Hope Houston evens up Tuesday.

17. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

1. Stop falling over and flopping hoping for calls - you aren't going to get all of them and Jordan or Hakeem never called out the officials

2. Don't get three technicals

we correct the above two and you have a one point game with 20 seconds left

javal_lon, farhen and seemoreroyals like this.
  18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I cringe every time Shump gets playing time. He seems lost out there. Either Ennis or MCW would have brought more to our team. I am in the camp of sitting Shump on the bench and give his playing time to someone else. Hope he explodes and tears it up the rest of the series and helps us get to the finals but I really see him as a negative rather than a positive.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If the refs aren't held accountable and referee a fair game, there simply aren't enough adjustments that will ever help us win this series!

THE NBA IS RIGGED!!!

bballjunkie likes this.
  20. Mr. Space City

Tillman to use those mafia ties to extort the refs.