1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan Coming Per Nick Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shinjirod, Jan 31, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

League sources: Houston Rockets executives actively trying to put Clippers curse on Houston franchise

[​IMG]

Zboy, alethios, RocketWalta and 18 others like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

After trying with the Knicks legacy (Shumpert, J.R, Melo), now it's Clippers time. I wonder what's after...Kings, Wizards or Suns?

RyanB likes this.
  3. cebu

cebu Member

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

LUK3 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We already have dantoni

Maybe we can trade Morey for vlade

Vivi likes this.
  5. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This is one way to address Cousins issue. Clog up the post.

6. rockets13champs

No curse, we don’t have BG

7. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Keep Nene through the season. Put him on staff next season.

8. SemisolidSnake

Well, then, isn't this interesting? Having guys enthusiastic to play for our team has been pretty good for us with the past two acquisitions.

Regarding Faried, oh, I dunno. He's built like a power forward, rebounds like a power forward, has often been a power forward. What if we let him play power forward?

quikkag, hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  9. pass_to_Hakeem

Why ?

10. pass_to_Hakeem

How about trading or waving NeNe instead?

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Play him at PF while playing who at center? I don't like the idea of two non shooters on the floor at the same time.

jordnnnn likes this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

HE CAN'T SHOOT THE 3

Sorry for shouting. But seriously?? Have you watched the Rockets play basketball?
    The NBA has followed Houston and the 'long lean shooter who can switch onto guards' is the new PF.

13. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I have. It's why I stopped watching for a while. I hate the obsession with threes. I watched them agonizingly die by the three in WCF Game 7 last year. (And, yes, I've written extensively on how screwed they were by the refs and how "27 straight missed threes" is a lie.) I don't care about stretch 4s, never have. The Rockets are 25th in the league in rebounding, and just got absolutely bodied in the paint by New Orleans' second and third stringers in their most embarrassing loss of the season.

Now, it's not like I was asking for Jordan to come here. Given any choice, I probably would've said a good shooter at the 3 spot would be a greater need. But that's not how the chips fall, and I like what I've seen from Faried so far, so I feel better about him being out on the court than one more of our current "shooters" or the hypothetical shooter we don't actually have.

Or, go get a stretch 4 if you can find that holy grail, and have options for paint presence or arc presence at the 4 with Faried and <insert hypothetical stretch 4.)

CVcrew and hakeem94 like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you should care about a stretch 4 because the days where the rockets didn't have one were abysmal, especially for harden. you must of liked the paint all clogged up for harden when a non shooting big was no threat out on the perimeter to make teams pay for playing that kind of defense vs houston

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We had Moute, almost had Reddick, and if we had Blake we could trot out a starting 5. Just avoided the apocalypse. One Clipper too many.

Roxs-Redemption, Rox11 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How am I not going to base it in percentages? What are you basing your argument on, speculation? And I hope our season does come down to Tucker shooting a corner three cause chances are he’s going to make it. Just cause he doesn’t take bad shots doesn’t mean I’m going to penalize him.

The original argument was that we don’t rely on Tucker’s three point shooting and that is so far from the truth. Tucker has been the only consistent player all year and been a deadly three point shooter the past couple of seasons.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yes. This is why Faried subs in for Capela. You can put one of these guys on the floor, to hand off the ball, go inside as a finisher/rebounder, and function as a P&R adjunct to Harden or CP. You can't put two.

IvanLCPM, DrNuegebauer and jordnnnn like this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

I have been checking on this thread here and there whenever I can today. So cut out all of other side discussions, is Nick right on this?

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  19. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

The only reason why Tucker's 3 point % is not worse than 37% right now is because he was on fire the first 2 months, making 42% of his 3s. But the last 2 months, he only shot 34%. You can easily tell from watching the games these last couple months that he's missing the same corner shots that he was hitting back in October/November. It's sad to say, but Tucker is regressing to the mean. You can't expect a career 35% shooter to continue shooting 42% for the entire season.

The same can be said about Gordon. He started October making less than 25% of this 3s. But since he came back from his injury, he's been shooting 38% while averaging 19 ppg. Based on the recent trend, I would gladly trust Gordon to take a 3 if the game came down to it.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Where as before defending bigs couldn’t sag off Clint on Hardens dribble penetration to cut off his driving lanes because it would result in a precise lob to a wide open Clint now Harden would have three targets in Clint, Faried and Jordan. That would make harden even more dangerous.

I’m not even going to mention how the pick and roll game will now be a 24/7 danger with all those three setting the pick and rolling to the three at all times. There will be no respite for the defense.

Harden could conceivably average 12 assists a game with those guys on the court with him at all times

hakeem94 likes this.