1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony via Basketball Examined

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RightTooCensor, Dec 4, 2018.

1. RightTooCensor

This creator makes great content if you're not familiar with him.

jsingles, plutoblue11 and s3ts like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Very nicely edited video. Bonus points for having my signature in the video.

Melo is a loser.

Pretty much all the coaches he has played for have criticized him.

LOL@ Stephen the schmuck Smith defending him. What a moron.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What the F was Morey thinking

plutoblue11 and Zboy like this.
  4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan, Easy, JuNx and 7 others like this.
  5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Cant help but feel bad for melo. I think he tried with the rockets. I know when he was younger he was all talent, didnt want to play hard on both sides. This year teams were relentless and attacked him on defense. He just looked like he couldnt stay in front of his man.

I mean he needs to come off the bench at this point only to make aure he doesnt go against first unit players on defense.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. BackdoorHarden

He ain't no loser. He got his full buy out. Didn't give up a cent

HE"S RICH B! RICH!
    $$$ G 'YALL CREAM IT

Someone post a GIF of Melo having wine poured for him and giving a big F to Morey and MIKE D

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yay! Olympic Melo!

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was KARMA
    You cannot get two people fired
    then come to their team
    and
    not expect some payback

I mean he got them fired in nasty fashion
    Did Jeff B ever get another head coaching gig?

Rocket River

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He thought he could get a certified pre-owned Mercedes at 1993 Honda Civic pricing only to realize that the joke was on him when that Benz could only go in reverse.

#9 steddinotayto, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was well worth watching

11. MD_in_Training

Anyone still defending this dude is a complete idiot. Carmelo will be nothing more than a footnote in the history of the NBA.

Zboy likes this.
  12. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Melo is a class act, notwithstanding the sheer ignorance of the posters here stating the contrary. He has never been a "cancer" as some have said-- again with zero proof, unsurprisingly. Everywhere he has ever been he has been considered a great teammate, wonderful in the locker room and an all around good guy. True, his skills have diminished substantially. But what happened with the Rockets IS ON THE ROCKETS. Melo was EXACTLY who we knew he was. The notion that he would come to Houston and magically become a defensive wizard was naive and ill-thought out. The trash talking that occurred here was sickening. And the only negative karma attached to the whole Melo fiasco will fall at the feet of this team, which, if things continue as they are now, will under-achieve this entire season. Run it back? Yeah right. We have one good year and become cocky as hell. Now the whole league is doing what we did, just a whole lot better!

ramotadab and icewill36 like this.
  13. MD_in_Training

Lol, ok.
    Let me get this straight. To be a "class act" in your book, all you have to do is refuse to play defense, share the ball on offense, get 4 coaches fired, refuse to share the spotlight with up and coming players, refuse to accept different roles on teams for the sake of winning, pout to the media when you get benched for being a net negative in the playoffs.
    Am I getting it right?

Invisible Fan, Zboy and Sajan like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

none of this happened here or in OKC...... he never pouted to the media even in NY when phil jackson would take shots at him. his teammates all like him also. the rockets did him dirty because they should not have signed him in the first place if they were going to try and get "revenge" on him. they never gave this a chance. its clear now the rockets main problems were not melos fault. we didnt have a full roster in the majority of games he played. the key to this team is obviously about what james and cp3 do. every single person has said melo has done whatever he was asked. they did not cut him ANY of the things you mentioned, but keep running with a false narrative

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol yup.

Selfish douchebag has been a headache for several coaches and gotten them fired. Always puts himself over his team/teammates.

Class act lulz...hilarious!

How about the delusional Melo fans watch the video posted in this thread instead.

16. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Look no further than OKC kicking ass, at least to this point in the season. Carmelo was dead weight, plain and simple.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I really don’t quite get the Melo backers at this point.

The eye test was bad.

Our record was bad.

The numbers ALL point to it being bad.

Morey was recently interviewed saying it was bad.

Melo on the floor for the Rockets was bad. Plain and simple.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. MD_in_Training

Please show me where I said this happened here. My point is that Carmelo has been overrated for the large part of his career and his game/attitude is not conducive to winning.

And just for the records - yes, he did pout to the media in OKC about even the possibility of coming off the bench.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

There was no revenge. He just can't do what an NBA contender needs on defense, and doesn't want to do what an NBA contender needs on offense.

There is as much evidence this was revenge as there is evidence Melo is a locker room cancer. Can't have it both ways.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Melo stans can go face off against the Jeremy Lin stans. On another forum.

Good riddance.