1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 20, 2018.

1. WhoDatStrosfan

Hope you guys handle business tonight.
    I’ll be pulling for y’all.

Harrisment likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

3. showa13

showa13 Member

This was already a big game, now with the Steelers losing yesterday a win gives the Texans a stranglehold on the 3rd seat and a realistic chance at a 2nd seed(reminder the Pats still go to Miami, who has some sort of voodoo on the Pats down there). Winning out isn’t completely out of the realm but they’ll need to to get the 2 seed imo. Also need to stay 2 steps ahead of the colts

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  4. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

The Patriots still have to play the Vikings and the Steelers those are the games they have a chance of losing.

WhoDatStrosfan and red5rocket like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-race-sorting-wild-division-scenarios-week-12

Houston Texans (7-3)
    FPI playoff chances: 92.1 percent

The Texans aren't as good as their record. They have the Pythagorean expectation of a 5.9-win team, leaving them more than a full win ahead of their underlying level of play. They've played the league's sixth-easiest schedule per FPI. They're on a seven-game winning streak, but the toughest team they have played over that stretch is the Colts. Four of those wins have come by a field goal or less, and a fifth was by a touchdown over the Bills. Their only comfortable victories are over the Jaguars, who benched Blake Bortles, and the Dolphins, who were starting Brock Osweiler.

If you're a Texans fan, I have good news: None of that is going to matter, because things aren't going to correct themselves for a while. Bill O'Brien's team already has banked enough wins that merely going 3-3 the rest of the way should guarantee a postseason berth. The Texans' schedule actually gets easier -- they're facing the third-friendliest slate of opponents over the final six games, including a three-game homestand against the Titans, Browns and Colts. Beating the Titans and Colts would be enough to clinch the AFC South.

A 5-1 finish would give the Texans a serious chance of a first-round bye, and they can do that by winning four home games against the Browns and their divisional rivals and beating the Jets on the road. Chances are that the Texans will at least lose one of those seemingly winnable games, but that scenario is hardly implausible.

One subtle factor driving Houston's turnaround: After years of disastrous performances, the Texans have finally turned around their special teams. After ranking 26th or worse in special teams DVOA for six straight seasons from 2012-17, Houston ranked eighth in the NFL heading into Week 12. The difference between its 2017 and 2018 special teams has been worth about two points per game, which only sounds like a lot when you consider that it has won each of its past two games by that exact margin.

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  6. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Venue:
    Monday November 26th, 2018 • 7:15 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas

[​IMG]

Radio:
    SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
    Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV: ESPN Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland
    Stream: espn.com/watch, verizonwireless.com, playstation vue, AppleTV or SlingTV

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Craig Wrolstad

Uniform Combination: Deep Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: 50° F Clear Full Weather: Link

Know where you are parking (Put your color lot in Waze)
    [​IMG]

Parking Information
    Platinum Lot:
    2:15PM
    Parking Lots: 3:15PM
    Pedestrian Gates: 3:45PM

Gate Information
    Bud Light Plaza:
    4:45PM
    Chevron Kids Corner: 4:45PM
    BULLevard presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors: 4:45PM
    Verizon East & West Entrances: 5:15PM
    All Other Gates: 5:45PM

Flag Holders: Active and Veteran Service Members from the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard
    Homefield Advantage Captains: United States Navy Lieutenant Michael Penn
    National Anthem: Texas A&M Singing Cadets
    Color Guard: United States shaped flag will be held by all five branches of the military
    Halftime: Texas A&M Singing Cadets

Go Texans!

#BeatTheTitans

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I can't even be mad about this.

red5rocket and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

can't wait to watch Lamar Miller up the middle on 1st down for a 2 yd gain

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

[​IMG]

Progs, Harrisment, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

They have removed "Roof Status" from their game day information this year. No point of even saying "game time decision" any longer.

TejasTom likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

ROOF REPORT: RUSTED SHUT

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don’t think NE is losing again. What a joke of an AFC East, they haven’t given NE competition going on a decade now.

If anything, watch what happens with KC. They still get to play San Diego again after all. There’s a lot of value to be had in getting the 3 seed instead of the 4. Both sides don’t get byes, but the four seed is playing San Diego in all likelihood. Compared to a first round home game against the Colts, Titans, or Ravens, that’s an opportunity you fight for.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Patriots still have to play the Vikings and the Steelers. Both are barely hanging on to their playoff spots. I think it is likely Patriots lose at least one more game. Maybe two.

14. Progs

Progs Member

Lets see if Billy O'Brien is aggressive tonight.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I’m expecting the run and shoot tonight.

Progs likes this.
  16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I still remember that last MNF against the Ravens. Andre had a monster game, but we still lost. I don't think Kubes ever got a win, or a good win at least, against the Ravens until 2 seasons later.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What are the chances that Keke Coutee and Lamar Miller combined put up more points than Hopkins tonight? I am tied and have those two players against one...

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think two yards is optimistic.:)

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL
    I have both Keke and Lamar in one of my leagues and I'm going against Houston defense. In another league I'm going against Deshaun Watson. So I need a shoot-out with a bunch of TDs by Lamar and end-arounds for Coutee. No TDs for Deshaun. In both leagues I'm projected to lose by a close margin.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've had a decent amount of fantasy wins/losses come down to a Monday night game. But I don't think I've had it set up like this. Where my opponent and I both have players going, and they are both on the same team lol.