1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster cuts and Waiver claims (Cut: Lechler, Braxton, Prosch, Anderson, DQ, Decoud, , ...)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Aug 31, 2018.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Don't get the "woah" reaction. Yes he showed something but he wasn't good enough to be on the active roster, and this team is depleted along the O-line. The more looks they can get of any and all offensive linemen possible is for the better. They need to find talent.

Kelemete and Fulton haven't been all that good, and have mostly been laying on their backs seeking medical help. Rankins needs to be moved to Guard as fast as possible, by no means is he a tackle at the NFL level. I still don't like Martin all that much, leaves a lot to be desired. Davenport shows flashes, and Lamm has been improved, but I would prefer that they don't rely on either guy to be the "long term" answer at the tackle positions. ****, Mancz started for Fulton that one game and played better than Fulton had all season.

Wattafan and J.R. like this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Its pretty telling that the Texans are expecting to be without one of their two guards Monday night.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew it. Now Chachere goes off to be another teams 2nd year surprise. While we end up with another busted up lineman.

5. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Perhaps, perhaps not.
    Perhaps Steinmetz looks decent for us.
    Texans had to do something - looks like we don't put much trust in our practice squad guys.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think the woah is because some thought Chachere was good enough to be on the active roster. Obviously the coaching staff didn't.

Aside from health issues, Kelemente and Fulton have been very good. The problem has been with the tackles.

I agree Rankin is better as a guard. Why they drafted him to play tackle, I dont know. He actually could play center too.

I hope they dont rely on Steinbetz to be any kind of solution either. The line is too important to be searching the bargain bin.

I wouldn't be Nimo If I posted this and didn't ask why Devlin is still the offensive line coach on this team. Why????????

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We have to stop looking for every lineman to be so versatile. We need legit OTs. Not guys that are great at guard and try to teach them to play tackle. Or guys that are great at center and decent at guard.

houstonstime likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The coaching staff didn't think Sua Filo was any good either. Just sayin. Coaching staff is looking more and more like the problem.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Titans cut Xavier too.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a punk with a poisonous cocky air about him like Odell Beckham. I hope we pass attack all over him for our last game, and Hopkins has his way with him.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Oh......

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Yeah, I don't think Steinbetz is going to be anything other than a guy to keep the bench warm. I also feel you on Devlin. Haven't seen any tangable improvement from the o-line throughout his tenure here. It could be a mix of bad talent and poor coaching, but at this point they need to make a change.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

They have a better line

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

16. Fantasma Negro

O'B is really regretting cutting Braxton Miller now lol

Nimo likes this.
  17. HstnSprtsFan101

Loved this guy coming out of Ohio St. Has obviously been a huge bust due to injuries. Was a top flight deep threat.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why? Show me Millers’ stats this season...I’ll wait.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but if Braxton was still here he could play CB in practice like he's doing in Philly.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Because hes tearing it up on the Eagles practice squad?