1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo calls Chris Paul a bad teammate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Oct 23, 2018.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

funny because

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If that isn’t someone calling the kettle black, I don’t know what is.....

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's real rich coming from that shitlord. Only assclowns like Jemele Hill or r/NBA subscribers side with Rondo and the Lakers on this.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ntionally-spitting-chris-paul-houston-rockets

Los Angeles Lakers guard Rajon Rondo on Tuesday continued to deny that he intentionally spit at Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul during Saturday's brawl that resulted in suspensions for three players.

Rondo again pointed to the fact that he was wearing a mouthguard, which would impact his ability to intentionally spit on someone, and said the league catered to Paul's "good guy" image when deciding the length of the bans.

"This is the only time I'm going to address this," Rondo told ESPN on Tuesday. "I had a mouthpiece in my mouth and I was exasperated because I was about to tell him to 'get the [expletive] out of here.'

"Look at my body language [in the video]. My hands on my hips. I turn away for a second. Look at Eric [Gordon] and Melo [Carmelo Anthony] in the video. If they saw me spit, they would have turned their face up or something. They had no reaction."

Paul, meanwhile, on Tuesday said he took pride in "staying as poised as possible" during the incident, which resulted in Rondo receiving a three-game suspension for throwing punches and spitting at Paul.

Paul drew a two-game suspension for poking at Rondo's face and throwing punches at him.

"That's tough," Paul said of being suspended. "Somebody spit on you, you know. Play this long and that has never happened, but it is what it is."

"Of course, the NBA went with his side because I got three games and he got two," Rondo told ESPN. "Everyone wants to believe Chris Paul is a good guy. They don't know he's a horrible teammate. They don't know how he treats people. Look at what he did last year when he was in L.A.; trying to get to the Clippers' locker room. They don't want to believe he's capable of taunting and igniting an incident.

" ... He comes out and says I spit and the media sides with that."

When asked Sunday if Rondo spit on Paul, Lakers coach Luke Walton said, "No."

"Y'all are playing me with these tricks or these mind games, tampering with the evidence," Rondo told ESPN on Tuesday. "Ain't no way that I intentionally spit on you with my body language the way it was.

"One, if I spit on you, bottom line, there is not going to be no finger-pointing. If you felt that I just spit on you, then all bets are off. Two, look at my body language. If I spit on you on purpose, I'm going to be ready for a man to swing on me. You ain't going to have my hands on my hip and my head look away at someone if I spit on them. After the [expletive] goes down, within 30 seconds, you run and tell the sideline reporters that I spit on you? If I spit on you, you are trying to get to me. You not trying to make up a story so you can look like a good guy. It makes no sense to me.

"I was going to let it rest. I wasn't going to say much. But now I have kids and I teach my kids to speak up for themselves and don't let the world tell their story."

After the incident, Rondo said he was provoked into throwing a punch after Paul poked a finger into his face and left a scratch under his right eye, league sources said.

"It's bigger than basketball now, for you all, for the league, that side over there trying to spin this like ... this whole spitgate," Rondo told ESPN on Tuesday. "Trying to blame me without being accountable for anything he did to provoke the situation."

TMac'n, DreamShook, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not going to lie, I'm loving this.. I need a full cup of bitterness with my breakfast.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Next Rockets-Lakers game will be a brutal beatdown.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rondo's a b**** and he's just sour that people caught onto his slick antic attempt. Clearly obvious he attempted the sneak spit in the moment. do something like that, you deserve everything that happened

9. Mr. Space City

10. theimpossibles1

Rondo:
    [​IMG]

#10 theimpossibles1, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    ClutchFam, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Brawl in the next Rockets-Lakers game guarantee. Even Walton won't accept video evidence. The "sides" people pick to this story tell a lot about them.

12. Nook

Nook Member

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Still remember when Walton went at Scola in 2009, we don't forget LA.

dkim1984, dje243, Jake Tower and 4 others like this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And Rondo has been on 6 teams in 5 seasons because. . . .

15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

And people thought Ray Allen was the problem in Boston...Smh

16. napalm06

Wonder what "The Chosen One's" opinion is on this.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Forget hypocrisy, this is just unfounded. CP3 is not known as a bad teammate and he was a peacemaker in the locker room incident.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Classic Rondo

TMac'n, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"tamper with the evidence", smfh

Tfor3, Richie_Rich, TMac'n and 8 others like this.
  20. napalm06

You were never going to let it rest, AND - your girlfriend tried to start a catfight in the stands. You gonna teach your kids that too?

dje243, HP3, don grahamleone and 2 others like this.