1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, May 2, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

#61 Nimo, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Very disappointed in DeShaun if it is not a fake account. I thought he would stay out of politics of any kind.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm proud of Deshaun for not caring about your, my, or anyone else's opinion.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm proud of Deshaun for not even knowing wtf it is you're talking about. He's probably been with Nike before all of this nonsense.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am talking about politics and sports; politics divides people. Politics and sports don't mix just like Dak Prescott said. It takes the joy out of sports and makes it about a non-sports subject. Sports is a fantasy. People kill each other over political disputes. I prefer "fantasy" combat, "fantasy" soldiers, and "fantasy" victories. That is sports.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Watson is freaking awesome though - no doubt about that one.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sadly, we don't live in a fantasy -- we live in reality.

donkeypunch likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Funny how reality starts to kick in once we get the team we've been fantasizing about.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

You don't like him either?! I was just talking to my friends Pat Magroin, Jack Mehoff, and Hugh Jass about the subject. They all can't follow the team anymore...

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Politics lol i respect anyone with a lot of money on the line that can still keep it 100!

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

wrong thread

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you want to build a fence between you and Deshaun, hold up I gotta get on the other side...OH IT FEELS SO NICE FROM HERE!!

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Why? It’s his race being killed at an alarming rate which is obviously Kapernick’s message when protesting. Nothing wrong with being proud of being a Nike client since they have chosen to stand behind this movement if you feel strongly about it.

Bold move by Nike and I’m sure the players feel great support by this move.

#74 mikol13, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Fulgore and red5rocket like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Its a smart business decision by NIKE which we know its a business decision...not a "We care" decision otherwise they would end the overseas sweatshops and the crazy prizes they are peddling to youths. I bet NIKE wont be willing to "sacrifice everything" on that lol

red5rocket likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

...And Its ok to disagree and still love D Watson. Hes a good kid loving life and not doing crazy crap and is a much better person from what i seen than Colin will ever be. Not everyone agrees with my love 100 for AR15s and frankly IDGAS. plus he never kneeled for the anthem or raised his fist or did any other "look at me" antics besides embrace arms which JJ Watt did as well during a one time event I think. I welcome differing opinions and I just want him to keep loving football and be the best Quarterback he can be. Go Texans!

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 99%. Nike might not care but doing this, it continues the conversation. Probably even get some to realize the message instead of just outright rejecting it.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And why is Colin a "Bad Person"? Because he chooses to protest an injustice? The man has put his money where his mouth is and donated a $1 million to various charities and causes. What have u done?

red5rocket likes this.
  19. ROXRAN

I said Deshaun Watson is a better person but not only better, he also isn’t ignorant as Colin has demonstrated himself to be. For example, Kaepernick had worn a Fidel Castro shirt to a game in Miami. His reasoning was he supported public education and the idea behind "free universal healthcare." Aside from the fact that Cuba has been atrocious at both those things under the Castro rule, wearing a shirt with his face to a historically Cuban city is absurdly offensive.
    Moreover, his whole fight against the anthem is because of said United States oppression, the Castro regime was one of the deadliest and most oppressive regimes in the history of the world. Let’s not forget he suddenly started this protest in his sixth year or so while Obama was President and had been for years so what did the administration do or not do which progpagated the need to protest? No specifics from Colin the idiot still to this day ..

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Please join me in sending a happy birthday to this former Texans great,

Coach Ed Reed!

;):D:rolleyes: