1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, May 2, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ummm yeah. I doubt they made Texans coke bottles in honor of Braxton.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ohhhhhhh, now I remember! Where they took pictures of coke bottles with player names on them in front of Reliant NRG Astrodome! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, now I see, yeah. But I don't think @solid was talking about cutting Lamar but then again maybe he was?

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know. This is @solid we are talking about here :D

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I wonder if any fans will start burning their Watson jerseys

Cstyle42 and red5rocket like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why would they?

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Where have you been?

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol ironically Watt wore a Reebok shirt!

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Last time I checked, Deshaun Watson was not Colin Kaepernick. I could be wrong though.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

People have been burning Nike attire for supporting Kaep. Deshaun supports Nike & Kaep. People might burn Deshaun jersey is what he meant smh lol sheesh

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Because he is signed to Reebok. Wearing Nike (aside from team uniform) is probably not allowed in his contract.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Kaepernick will make significantly more money as a Nike spokesmen then he ever would have made as a back up quarterback for some mid-market NFL team. Thus, the idea that he "sacrificed everything" is simply laughable. The man is no martyr. He decided to make a political statement on the job and in the process he made himself into a liability. Teams aren't willing to take on the distraction and the backlash for the sake of a second -string talent. So, Kaepernick put himself on the outs with the league and now has leveraged that into a sweet gig with Nike. Not exactly the stuff of martyrdom.

csj likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The Nike boycott is also a dumb thing ...it seems to perfectly encapsulate the shallow, virtue-signaling character of our boycott culture. Now, don't get me wrong. There are many valid reasons to boycott Nike.
    Let's start with the fact that they ask you to pay a premium for a little check mark on the side of the shoe. More to the point, Nike made their products in sweatshops for years. The fact that their ridiculously overpriced merchandise was, for so long, manufactured on the backs of child slaves is reason enough to never purchase anything from them.

And Nike's sweat shop problem hasn't gone away. Reportedly, the company's workers in some countries still have to deal with denial of wages, sweltering heat, unsafe conditions, physical abuse, and other hazards. This seems like a very sound basis for a boycott. So it comes down to a company trying to put on an image that distances itself from what is really boycott worthy

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kaepernick did not know that NIke would give him a sweet deal when he chose to kneel the anthem. So at the time he sacrificed, but afterwards Nike rewarded him for sacrificing.

Nimo likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but it's enough to get a certain amount of stupid people to jump to his side.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I am anti-NFL, pro-Kaepernick (just to troll the NFL fans), and anti-Nike. Go Adidas and go Brooks. Their shoes, their gear, and the sports they endorse are all better than NIke’s. Nike found a way to make poor kids pay $200+ for high tops that they hardly even wear. They just collect those suckers. This whole Kaepernick thing is just a ploy to keep exploiting their most reliable consumer base. An adidas or brooks shoe actually lasts you the 300-500 miles you put into it.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You assume it is all about money. It was not. Kaep wanted to play football.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No he didn't, or he'd be playing football, or more accurately he'd be on a team but probably not playing due to lack of talent. He's the one that terminated his contract in San Francisco and he's the one that has turned down every offer he's received to get back in the NFL. He knew he was a bench warmer at best quality player, so he opted to make himself look like a martyr hoping he could turn it into something.

Fortunately for him, enough dumb people bought it and now he's profiting off of them.

18. csj

csj Member

When he "chose to kneel" he had no reason to believe it would lead to sacrifice...and it didn't for quite some time. In fact, his career went south because of his play, so one can make an argument that he used his protest to develop a new career, not sacrifice an old one.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  19. csj

csj Member

At one time but clearly not now. He was on his way out of the league when things hit the fan.

Calling this guy a victim of his convictions is a gross distortion. He's a victim of his massive ego. He's convinced that he's entitled to superstardom because he took a principled stand (but with poor timing). When reality hit, he turned to profit from race baiting.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was talking about Braxton Miller not Lamar Miller.

J.R. likes this.