1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

They don't have enough room for 3 such max contracts. Unless both Lebron and CP3 take big discounts.

Between a max and a max there are differences. The max for a Kawhi or PG13 are quite lower than a max for CP3 and Lebron.

3. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Don't you think this maybe the working of CP3 agent?

Few days ago we heard news about CP3 willing to take a paycut. Now all of sudden, we hear rockets not willing to pay the max.

This maybe Lakers media trying to get CP and Lebron to go them. As we are now hearing PG maybe staying in OKC. Spurs won't be trading Kawhi to them.

SWTsig and bilaal14 like this.
  4. ClutchFam

ClutchFam Member

Whenever I hear Chris Broussard's name attached to Rockets related news I just ignore it, ...............notice he never cites his sources!

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't buy this, but it's a pretty damaging rumor.

Pizza_Da_Hut and amaru like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

WE heard about him taking a paycut. "We" as in the members of a message board.

I don't think the agent is freaking out because a message board rumor.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's only damaging if you believe it. I don't think any of the parties involved are using this story as fuel to a bigger standoff.

House Rockets likes this.
  8. aroundtheblock2

That's the point. Media will gladly sacrifice the rockets for the Lakers.

BigggReddd and amaru like this.
  9. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

If this was another reporter I would be more inclined to say it may be. But Broussard is as unreliable as you can get for Rockets coverage. Let’s see who else has “sources” stating this before hitting any panic button.

Raisin likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Wouldn't it be convenient if Lebron were considering Houston, this "leaked," and he lost confidence in the way they treat his best friend?

I don't have a shred of confidence that they would dick around with CP3. I wouldn't be surprised if this leak were sent out there to give Lebron pause on any potential opt-and-trade.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, yeah... that's my point. It's damaging to the extent other players/agents around the league believe it, even if we do ultimately max Chris. It would be nice if he spoke up to say it isn't true if it isn't, though I doubt he will. I'd like to believe the front office's history of taking care of its players speaks for itself, but it seems unfair that you could just spin a potentially reputation-damaging story like this without accountability (again, I'm operating under the assumption it isn't true).

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Considering LeBron literally talks to CP3 every day, I'm pretty sure LeBron would just ask CP about it, rather than blindly believe some random leak from Broussard.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Broussard is trying so hard to keep a straight face while saying this.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. rocketsmetalspd

Didn't CP3 say he is willing to help the Rockets money wise and let Morey do his thing?

D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed. I am not worried about this rumor, whether or not it was a planted leak.

The Cat likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

All these rumors..... and they all contradict. Someone is lying.... and i think its that sorry excuse of a reporter. CB.

D-rock likes this.
  17. pageC4

pageC4 Member

LMFAO, Clippers fans are also saying the same thing. There are still a lot of Lakers fans running the networks and trying to spin the news.

18. rocketseagles07

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who will he bring? And which team can afford Cp3 and another max guy? Lakers are the only one with capspace and they are targetting Lebron and Kawhi and Paul George.

Cp3 has little to no leverage especially when he had several off games during the playoffs and was injured the last two games of the series.

20. rocketseagles07