1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Lebron will not join the Rockets if they win the championship this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I want leborn to beat warriors

3. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I dont like LeBron...but I think I hate the Warriors enough to be ok with him coming here.

amaru, Tfor3 and Corrosion like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't get how the team would work honestly. Lebron, CP3 and Harden all take turns isoing?

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think lebron will give us a facilitator option from the post. High post and from the block. This opens up a lot of cutting and off ball screen action that can get us moving more without the ball. Similar to what Draymond does but obviously with more options because of how much better LeBron is than Green. Then there is the obvious pick and roll sets that we already do...except lebron can play the screener OR the ball handler. Imagine a high pick and roll with capela in the short corner. It is like having a lob opportunity twice on the same play. Also, Lebron can finish at the basket (obviously). No such thing as having too many of those...as you can see last night we had a really big problem finishing at the rim.

I also think that one of the glaring differences between us and what the warriors do, is their stars rest on the court. They really do. There are periods of time when you dont see, hear from, or even know where one of the stars is. All that talent allows for disappearing acts. There were about 3 mins yesterday in the 3rd quarter when I didnt even know if Durant was in the game (he was). I literally asked myself, "where is Durant?" As I said that he set a screen, caught a pass and then pivoted out and hit curry (i think) for a 3 in the corner. LeBron adds just one more star that allows a little disappearing of our own at times.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Rockets are winning a title or getting Lebron

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yup

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There are plenty of ways to make it work on the basketball court. Running off-ball action centered around LeBron in the high post, running high/low action with LeBron and Capela, having LeBron play off-ball by being a screener, etc. The flexibility would be endless, and it gives you another alpha on this team that can bear down in clutch situations. Defensively, he would plug right into our switching scheme, and create havoc on both the perimeter and the block. If LeBron WANTS to come here, and Morey works the voodoo to get Anderson off the books, it's the definition of a no-brainer to get the most dominant player of our generation.

Cash Cam, Tfor3 and Corrosion like this.
  10. How Sweet It Is!

Actually, Feb. 9.

11. pocketrocket81

and...what if...Cavs make it to the finals and beats the warriors like he already has. Does he leave the Cavs ? I think not

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't confuse me not understanding how it would work with me not wanting them to say yes if he wants to come here.

13. aroundtheblock2

Cavs beat the warriors without Kevin Durant, huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge huge difference.

Not in the same ball park .

Not only that, but curry was legit hobbled and Draymond was suspended for a game in that series as well. Cavs had a lot fall in place to make that work .

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lebron is said to want to play more off-ball wherever he goes...off ball lebron is scary lebron.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What if I win the powerball

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What kind of crack are you smoking that leads you to believe the Cavs will beat the Warriors with KD and Cavs minus Kyrie?

Reeko likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

People said the same thing about CP3 and Harden working. Smart players will figure it out. You can never have too much talent.

In honesty though, I would just have Lebron run the offense. Harden and CP3 are both excellent spot up shooters. It would fit much better than Lebron Wade and Bosh.

The more I watch Harden the more I wonder if we should just trade him for Lebron. Then use our other assets to trade or sign PG. I feel like that would be the most realistic way we get Lebron.

18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Why would LeBron want to come here then ?

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

To play with Chris Paul and Paul Georgr