1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Broadband Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioElie17, Sep 15, 2016.

1. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Hi,

Going away from Houston this year for school, so I have a question about League Pass.

I know that I cannot get the Rockets games on ESPN/TNT/NBA TV available on League Pass, and those games are blacked out...

My question is...are those games available like a couple of hours after they aired on those channels on the League Pass interface? Also, same for the playoffs, will those games be available on demand later?

I hardly have time to watch games live, so watching the next day doesn't bother me, so it would be helpful of those games were available in some shape or form...

seeingredtx likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, Regular Season games that are blacked out are "unlocked" eventually. But I don't think they are until next day. Also, all the previous year is in your Archive as well. I like that feature.

Playoffs, however, are never available.

3. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Cool, thanks for the response.

4. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Three days for local games.

That's directly from the league pass website.

5. Fantasma Negro

As long as you are not in Houston and you're not in Dallas when we play the Mav, San Antonio when we play the spurs you should be able to watch the games live. I was in Cali for spring break last year and I watched every game live on my computer, that was the week Beasley went for 30 twice

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

While website says 3 days, its really an hour after the game in my experience.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hmmm. Strange. I don't find that to be true from experience. Regardless, it doesn't apply to OP anyhow. He's asking about blackouts due to Nationally televised games, since he's moving away.

8. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Well, I have found the 3 day delay for local games to be the case (certainly longer than the 3 hour national delay).

For the past couple of seasons I was thinking Houston-Dallas games weren't even archived on NBA League Pass for people in Dallas. At least that was the case on the playstation app. I think last year I noticed the PC had archived local games about 24 hours later. But still, it wasn't 3 hours later, that's for sure.

The OP didn't mention where he was going away for school, so if it's to another NBA city, this is relevant.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

has anyone tried using VPN to get pass the blackout restriction? Does it work?

catarax05 likes this.
  10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Yes. I use International League Pass with VPN and no games are blacked out.

catarax05 likes this.
  11. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Yes. By changing your IP, using the proxy IP to route packets, it will make the LP server think you are somewhere else geographically.

#11 ThrillaNManilla, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    catarax05 likes this.
  12. BackdoorHarden

damn, I need a new IP. I still get blocked with VPN saying I'm in IDAHO

13. MC31B

MC31B Member

Be careful with hola.com

That can open our computer up to just about anyone who wants to get in. Some people have even had their doors kicked in by the feds because a hacker was using their ip for malicious purposes. The best IP services are the ones that you have to pay for.

#14 MC31B, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  14. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Bump.

Similar question. I just moved to Austin and am considering purchasing League Pass. How quickly are games that are not blacked out usually archived? I'm usually very busy around 7 but would like to watch the games later that night, perhaps around 10pm-12am.

15. Fantasma Negro

In cities like Austin with NBA League you're afforded to every available basketball game in America. You could watch both home and away games for all Texas' cities NBA franchises, so basically no zip code broadband blackouts

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So if I'm in Houston they black out the games? That can't be right....why on earth would I buy it then?

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Has anyone else been able to order League Pass through ATT U-verse?

I've had no success, after ordering easily the last few years.

18. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Actually, Spurs games are blacked out. My question wasn't about black outs though. Games that are not blacked out, i.e. games I could watch live on League Pass, how quickly are they archived? I want to buy League Pass but I would be watching the vast majority of games 1-3 hours after they've ended, and I want to make sure they will be archived by that time.

19. Sandi

Sandi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RE: Blacked Out Spurs Games in Austin: Yes, League Pass blacked out Spurs games (if you live in Austin).....but you can watch them on Fox Sports Southwest.....Spurs broadcast their games on that channel. I never had to miss a game between Rockets and Spurs last year....just watched it on the Spurs Fox broadcast. Downside is listening to horrible Spurs announcers. As of now, Time Warner/Spectrum is still "negotiating" with NBA regarding League Pass. If League Pass is not available in Austin, I will be switching to Direct TV which has Roots Sports SW.....won't even need League Pass to watch all of the Rockets games.

20. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I just want to know how fast League Pass archives NON-BLACKED OUT GAMES after they've ended in real-time. Thanks in advance.