1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-sits-national-anthem-prior-preseason-game

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL what an idiot.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Speaking of getting paid leave, he will probably be among those soon.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

is Kaepernick black (not that its relevant)?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's mixed. His father was black, his mother was white but he wasn't raised by either. His father abandoned his mother before he was born and so she gave him up for adoption and he was adopted by a white family in Milwaukee.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If that's how he'd like to protest, I don't have a problem with it. I haven't heard him speak on it, or what else he's doing.

There is definitely discriminatory treatment of minorities that happens and it's wrong. I don't have a problem with someone wanting to make a stand against it. It's the American thing to do. It doesn't matter what race he or anyone else is that stands up against bigotry.

It isn't the way I would tackle the problems, or what I would do about the problems. It isn't how I would protest, or try and institute change, but I don't think that really matters either.

I'm not sure why his actions are a problem.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Well-meaning idiot?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably, but given that his football career is going sideways he might just be trying to drum up controversy so that he can make the case that if he gets cut for sucking at football the REAL reason was because he was an activist. That kind of thing happens every now and again.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Give me effing break. Black practically run this country. Why football players str such idiots?

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

republicans... this is your standard bearer. Embrace him.

HakeemOnlyFan and Bäumer like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Really? How is it that you are of voting age and have absolutely no idea about the reality in this nation.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a Trump supporter, you shouldn't expect anything.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Colin Kaepernick is the perfect example of victim hood mentality. I bet he voted for Obama. Liberals are mentally ill.

1 person likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Says the guy who cries and whines about how unfair everything is for Donald Trump in his campaign.

Like I said I wouldn't handle the things the way Kaepernick is doing, but I haven't seen victim mentality from him. I don't think he's protesting things that have specifically happened to him, is he?

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Most powerful man and woman in the US is black. Attorney General is black. We have governors, mayors, representatives, police chiefs, judges who are black. We have blacks in the congress and supreme Court. Tell me again how black people are oppressed? Only very stupid person would believe that.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So being anti-American is a position he associates with the interests of minorities. Interesting.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is that how you judge? If one minority makes to a position, then there is no discrimination and that race practically runs the nation?

Well why don't you go back and dig a little deeper into how discrimination works and who controls what in this country. Who runs the colleges, school boards, board rooms, holds the positions of CEO and other executive positions, elected representatives, etc.?

Start there, and then you might also look into studies that have done actual research rather than just list a one person from a race who managed to get elected or appointed.

Well at least I can see where you are coming from, and where your misconceptions originate. It's been illuminating. Thanks.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's stay on topic, that topic being a really stupid NFL backup QB making an ass out of himself for no valid reason.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Kaepernick will entertain us and live us with but no way in hell will he sing the national anthem with us racist bigots.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Rich people?

There's no discrimination