1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 16, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

The difference between the Celtics and the Lakers is that a) the Celtics already have the neccesary cheap role players to support two or three stars to make a championship team b) much more assets to trade for a star.
    Even if the Lakers traded for Butler they still wouldn't be appealing for Durant because the rest of their roster is horrible, when it comes competing for a championship.
    Unless ofc the main criterion for Durant is the lifestyle/big market in which case he would have signed with the Lakers anyway.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lakers have really young, high potential players themselves. Seems to me you're more of a fan of the Lakers and as such, you naturally hate the Celtics.

3. malakas

malakas Member

They definitely will. The difference between Ingram/Simmons and Bender/Hield/Dunn is huge. They already have separated themselves from the rest. They are in a different tier.

:) Me and all the other NBA fans who pay attention. :)

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Laker fans think Simmons will force his way to LA.

5. malakas

malakas Member

lol do you think that Randle who is a non defence, dino hands horrible pf and their no defence young backcourt is appealing to Durant ? :rolleyes:
    Superstars want to win rings, not play with rookies.

Seems to me that you have no idea.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No, you and all the other NBA fans who are highly delusional.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree that boston's roster would be a lot more attractive to durant than LA's. but again, what does any of this have to do with the rockets? you really think he'll ever consider joining this incompetent organization?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Who gives a **** if the Lakers will pick the next Durant (they won't though)...we're looking at what's better for the Rockets and malakas is right. Also, the same argument can be made for every top free agent, best players will not join the Celtics if their core is Thomas, Bradley and Crowder.

1 person likes this.
  9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Bill Simmons is going to lose it when LA takes Ben Simmons hah!

Philly should take Ingram for sure.

Boston needs a big... is Bender worth the gamble?

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

If he's worried about rings, he'd stay put. Seems to me that you have no idea.

11. malakas

malakas Member

hahaha coming from you is so funny.

Yes. At least as a Rocket fan, since this is our main goal we will have to be happy that taking one competitor off makes our chances better.

The value of a Bender/Dunn/Hield is MUCH lower than Ingram/Simmons as an asset.
    If Griffin or Butler are made available there are teams who will be able to beat the offer the Celtics make. If they had a top 2 pick they most likely would not.
    Such teams as the 76ers and Phoenix. Who both have impatient owners who want to get a star right now.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You know this for a fact? You work in the Lakers FO or you're an LA beat writer?

I mean, I think they'll take Ben Simmons and I hope they do but just because the difference from Ingram/Simmons to Bender/Hield/Dunn is huge doesn't mean one of the players in the latter group won't make or hasn't already made enough of an impression on Kupchak or Walton(when the GSW season is done) that will make them lean that way. There's no guarantee like there is that the Sixers will take 1 of Ingram/Simmons. I won't be surprised if Kupchak falls for one of the players in the latter group and the Celtics end up with Simmons. (In the process sending Bill Simmons into a Gary Neville-like goal call orgasmic state)

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

So many delusional fans here who still think were getting Durant and Boston getting the #2 pick stood in our way. Absurd.

14. malakas

malakas Member

they leaked today if they didn't get a top2 pick they would target a backcourt player esp Murray. Which ofc doesn't make any sense.

Not sure about Bender but after Porzingis maybe Ainge will be willing to take a chance on him.
    Ainge is not a very good drafter anyway.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What have I said that's delusional? And stop pretending to be a Rockets fan for reps or whatever reason you do it for. You're a Bucks fan.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so with boston off the market now, what would you say our chances now (approximately)?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Read dude, just read.

It's not only for Durant, but for ANY top free agent we're talking here. The Celtics are known to be one of the teams (if not the team) looking for a big trade...if they can make it they'll be front runners in every top free agent this (but also next) summer. Less/worse assets they have -> less competition for us.

18. malakas

malakas Member

No, but Ingram and Simmons have separated themselves already and all the leaks/journalists/draft sites agree with that.

Kupchak I think was a month ago overseas to watch Bender but he didnt' play much. I don't believe they will take such a risk in the top2 when there is another potential franchise player staring them in the eyes.
    Ofc the private workouts haven't happened yet, but it's extremely unlikely that Bender/Hield/Dunn will be that impressive.

How much % chance you give to the possibillity of one of Ingram or Simmons falling from the top 2 apart from a very serious injury?
    Yes, Boston stood in our way along with other teams. What you don't understand? One less competitor is one less competitor. How is not good for the Rockets?

19. malakas

malakas Member

LOL Reps? LMAO How delusional.

Boston isn't off the market but they suffered a very big blow today. :)From now till July is a long time. Let's see what OKC does..
    Anyway..what matters is that the % pre draft and the % post draft is now higher. And that's important this was a good result for us today.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Being an insecure, approval-seeking loser is better than being completely delusional, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Guess I was wrong. I feel sorry for you. :(