1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden on the no-call and the one-game suspension (UPDATE: NBA admits they got it wron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Here is the entire official report:

According to the report there were two blown calls in the last two minutes that had an effect on the game. Both against the Rockets. The Harden one at 7.8 and a missed shooting foul committed on Jones at the 1 minute mark.

So, that was 4 free throws the Rockets should have received in the last two minutes -- only one less than they received the entire game.

I hope Sweet Lou is right and this incident leads the officials to accurately call all the fouls committed on Harden that currently go uncalled going forward, especially in the playoffs.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm not saying it should be this way, I'm saying that's the way it is. The bear hug by Malone, the push off by Jordan, heck even Finley out of bounds in Dallas, these are all instances where the refs sort of let things play out instead of making the right calls. The question is, if you know that this is a possibility do you rely on the whistle or do everything to avoid it?

I say avoid it. Harden is deadly with that step-back jumper. Harden knows 9/10 times he drives he gets hacked. Which one would I live with more: a miss on a step back, or a missed call from the refs? I say the miss. At least at that point the game is still in your hands.

3. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Replay

I have always been in favor of instant replay, in
    any sport. However, it does not make sense that
    "only certain plays" can be reviewed. Why not give
    teams a set number of "challenges" in ANY play,
    and once they run out of challenges, replay can
    only be called by the officials.
    Wouldn't this be better?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Challenges make too much sense. But nothing will change THIS season, people just need to make necessary adjustments going into postseason and shake off the last 2 games. Need to take it out on the Pistons and everyone else remaining on the schedule.

Gotta bring the pain all 4 quarters now.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Make up call!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, that game almost cost us the #2 seed, thankfully the Spurs lost that last game.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't like how this is worded.

Rockets had a game that night too and won. Rockets earned the #2 seed because the Rockets won the games they needed to win not because the Spurs lost games.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

True, but I remember a lot of people (myself included) b****ing after that game talking about seeding implications. Everyone was like "it's just one game," and thankfully it was. But if that call had gone our way, we wouldn't have needed the Spurs to lose to the underdog Pelicans in the final game of the season for us to get HCA the first two rounds.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

TJ did a great job of guarding Gasoline on that play...