1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard shoots down report he's unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he might not be unhappy in houston but us fans sure are unhappy!

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I believe Dwight.

However, I do remember he told the media he wasn't the one who drove SVG from Orlando.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's true. And let's be honest -- Dwight (and every Rocket) would be a massive disappointment if they were NOT somewhat unhappy with things right now... but the Sheridan report was vague and jumped into pure rumor/speculation with the whole Miami thing.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[youtube]y08gvGpGCwA[/youtube]

#5 RV6, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he is probably not unhappy in Houston but also not very happy with the recent results and chemistry.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wade & Shaq don't cop flak over SVG whose firing they demanded. Maybe it's Shaq being Shaq but doesn't even try to hide his opinion of SVG.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Dwight admitted he wanted SVG out they (media, fans) would have respected him more.

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

Dwight, at this point, no one cares about whether you are happy or not. But you need to know a lot of people are not happy with your inconsistent performance on the court.

10. Fantasma Negro

He didn't say he is happy. He sounds like end of Orlando Dwight. Find the best trade for him and Lawson

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Anyone notice he never said he's happy or that he's not unhappy?

He just said Sheridan lied about him telling anybody he's unhappy.

OTOH, I've gotten that vibe from his demeanour the last few weeks. Of course he's not happy, he's losing precious games on a stacked contender and he just turned 30.

A few months ago, he was looking forward to battling with GSW for years and pick up one or two rings. Right now, it looks like he might never get a ring.

Really disgusting that people question Dwight's attitude. He always works hard on the court, even if he's bricking shots, even if his mood is ****ty, even if he laughs and jokes with people, he plays hard consistently and turns it a notch up come playoff time.

What did you expect to get? Of course he's not a great post player, of course he's less athletic, we knew that all of this would happen within this contract. We knew we were acquiring a guy with a mismanaged back injury.

Really feel terrible for the guy while at the same time, I wish we were winning. Dwight and Harden will keep producing but we need to shake up the role players, trade a couple even if it's a lateral move. We just need someone to come in and change the vibe, break up the team politics, be more appreciative of the opportunity to be on a contender.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Look, Dwight HAS to be frustrated. The team isn't playing well, and honestly I feel bad for the guy because he constantly has to worry about 5 people on the court... his man, Harden's man, Lawson's man, Brewer's man, and heck even Ariza's man this year.

Things need to change. That doesn't mean they should trade Dwight, but something has to change. It's time to bring in some guys that have a chip on their shoulder. People that have something to prove.

13. cebu

cebu Member

Yes, he's happy losing in Houston.

14. basketballholic

Dwight is unhappy.

We are losing.

And this team has no cohesive plan to get him the ball down low.

We're jacking shots that are less efficient than Dwight getting the ball in the low block consistently.

We are misusing Dwight. And it's getting to him. You can see it in his body language on-court. He seals a guy off, doesn't get the ball. He comes out of that look and his shoulders sag and he throws up his hands.

But the question is not whether or not Dwight wants to be here. The question is does Harden want to play with Dwight? And the next question is if Harden doesn't want to play with Dwight then what center does Harden want to play with?

This team plays so fast, or attempts to play so fast, that even Capela can't get up and down with them. I can't think of any big man in the league that can keep up with our guys running end to end. Harden tries to torque every missed shot into a break and then they take early shots constantly.

And therein lies the problem for Dwight. If our guys were hitting those early shots everything would be ok. But they're not. They are consistently taking and NOT making early shots. Or we are turning the ball over as we attempt to torque stops into break opportunities. When Dwight sees that it frustrates him. Especially when he handles the paint D and the boards, he makes the bulk of the stops for us, then he throws it out to Harden who races to the other end, and right when Dwight gets down into the top of the circle we jack a 3 or Brewer attacks 1 on 4 and throws up trash without the ball touching Dwight. If I were a big man and that happened I'd be frustrated too. And I'd be bisching about it.

Dwight doesn't want to leave. Dwight wants the team to modify their style to be more effective when he is in there. He simply wants to win.

1 person likes this.
  15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

@#$-ing PING!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't believe anything Howard says - he is a known liar.

DD

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep, he's just a large spoiled child. He acts like we don't know what happened in Orlando.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The pertinent question is not whether or not he's happy. What would matter is if he's asking or demanding to be traded. I'd be shocked if he asked; and I'd laugh if he was making demands.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'd be more surprised if he was happy with the way things are going.

20. KDZ

KDZ Member

dwight needs to be unhappy. Why would he be happy losing games?