1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Roadhouse remake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RONDA ROUSEY GETS BLESSING
    ... FROM THROAT RIP GUY

5 Great news for Ronda Rousey -- one the stars of the original "Road House" says he's PUMPED the UFC champ will star in the remake ... saying it's the perfect way to honor Patrick Swayze.

We spoke with Marshall Teague -- who played Jimmy (the kung fu bad guy) in the 1989 flick. Jimmy was the guy who had his THROAT RIPPED OUT by James Dalton (Swayze) during the lake fight.

Now, with Rousey tapped to star in the reboot -- Teague says Ronda is the PERFECT lead.

"Adding Ronda is a great idea. You don't want to try to rebuild Patrick Swayze. He was a unique talent and can't be duplicated."

Teague adds, "Ronda knows it's not going to be easy. Fans of the original might question her, but we all know she will do great."

As for Ronda, she issued a statement saying, "It is a great honor to play a part in celebrating the life of a man that inspired so many. I couldn't be more grateful to have this opportunity to pay respect to the beloved Patrick Swayze."

"I promise to work incessantly to make sure this project is a tribute his family and fans can be proud of."

[​IMG]

#1 Xerobull, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What's great is that if women's MMA wasn't around and she didn't take to Muay Thai or something, she could have totally become this person. Just based on her personality and inertia right after the Olympics.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

there has not been much luck with people trying to recreate swayz-dog movies...red dawn, dirty dancing, point break...i guess a roadhouse remake cant do any worse...but a chick? this is worse than an all-woman ghostbusters.

let me know when they remake to wong fu, thanks for everything julie newmar.

4. Buck Turgidson

Don't forget "Next of Kin".

There's a reason cult classic movies are cult classics. Doesn't trying to remake them defeat the whole purpose?

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1) Point Break hasn't come out yet, and while there's be talk of remaking Dirty Dancing, they haven't actually done it yet. "Havana Nights" really has no connection to DD so I don't think it counts.

2) I don't object to Ronda Rousey being the lead in Roadhouse because she's a woman, I object to it because she can't act. But I guess I'd rather have her play the lead in a crappy remake nobody will watch than play Wonder Woman.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Rousey can not act. Road House requires some charisma and/or acting chops. Rousey, she's no Cynthia Rothrock.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a Judoka I'm glad for Ronda's success but she should not do this..

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

ive never seen a female bouncer in my life

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, that's my biggest issue with her, she just a crap actress.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Watch them try to make a PG-13 version. Go ahead, you just watch.

And if they go for the R rating again? Won't find another stripper as hot as the one in the cowboy hat ("spray her!" "spray her!" yelled the Marines with their water pistols seated along the stage) when Wade Garrett first appeared to answer the phone ("do not eat the big white mint").

"Roadhouse" was one of those wonderfully stupid, bad-acting, bad-dialogue, makes-no-sense movies that you love to watch. Kinda like "Commando", but with gratuitous female nudity. Why ruin it with a remake?

"Actress" for lack of a better word.

So, who's worse? Rousey or Gina Carano, whose scenes in "Fast and Furious" were spent staring into space and saying nothing (thank God)? Carano was given less dialogue than Jet Li got in his movies (their directors: "when he/she speaks, I cringe; just give the other actors the dialogue, and give him/her the fight scenes. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that's a wrap.")

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I admit to not having watched her fight or know much of anything about her, the Rhonda Rousey love is pretty annoying. Of course, I'm not the biggest UFC or boxing fan anyway. And certainly, we live in a world where a lot of people are fawned over obsessively for things that aren't that important...

but whatever. best of luck on the movie... it will clearly be a horrible movie, but should do ok financially

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like it.

Of course, I haven't seen the original Roadhouse nor have I seen Furious 7 or Expendables 3, so my opinion could not possibly be more uneducated.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will her fights in Roadhouse last more than 35 seconds?

I don't care for her . . . . I see her in the same arrogant annoying vein as Mayweather
    I would not want to see either in a movie

Rocket River

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I liked the original road house because the FCK scene with the hot girl and the bartender. The "Be Nice" plot was dumb. And watching now the movie and plot cringe-worthy. There is way to much hair and neon in the movie. But at the time, Roadhouse was a guilty pleasure movie. A fightclub type of thing at it's heart.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did "Roadhouse" do well in the theaters? I always thought it flopped but I guess not if they are remaking it. The main thing that stuck with me after seeing it was it introduced a lot of people to that blind white guitar player...who was amazing. I know that guy has long since passed and I think he passed not long after the movie (within a few years) if I'm not mistaken. It would be nice if they paid tribute to him as well by finding another blind guitar player.

16. axstar713

axstar713 Member

Yeah, I've done bouncing jobs as side work for 20-some years now and never seen one, either. The best part about this film will be the end credits...

17. Raven

Raven Member

How dare you let common sense out of the heterocage!

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It kind of works if they say her character was formerly a UFC fighter (or something along those lines to create the "tough" backstory for her character)...or it's an all girls club.