1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson Suspension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Sep 8, 2015.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

When are they going to announce how long he will be out? I'm hoping to make my first ever visit to the Toyota Venture. I'm super excited because I'm from the Pacific NW, so I have only been able to see them play in hostile territory. What can I say, Toyota Center is on my bucket list! Anyways, it would be perfect if I get to see our newest addition!

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Most likely after the court hearings.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when are the court hearings?

4. malakas

malakas Member

The likely scenario is that there will be two separate suspensions each of every DUI and each after the court decision. The first court decision hasn't even come yet because I think he appealed.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The longer the wait the lighter the suspension. The NBA usually doesn't go out of its way to shine the spotlight on something negative if immediate action isn't required.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

didn't morey tweet something about lawson and our 2nd game of the season vs GS? should we take that to mean lawson's suspension will likely come further along in the season as opposed to at the start now?

7. Robjos

Robjos Member

its all about posting questions that have already been answered over and over again. Do some work and actually read the threads... dont be lazy

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

first time i've ever seen this poster post anything here in 15yrs, and amazingly he still has yet to add anything of value to this forum :grin:

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well, he will make OP think twice and search the threads before starting his own. That's some value right there!

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Who is Th Lawson?

11. malakas

malakas Member

I didnt see the tweet but as someone explained in the previous thread, the NBA can't make a suspension decision before Lawson has finished with the court. And he and his lawyer are battling it out and taking appeals so I don't think it will finish soon.
    And then after that there is the LA court as well. Which should be finished even later and result in a suspension even later in the season.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ty Lawson's brother.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what i had read previously was that the LA court date was scheduled for August 20th. i didn't see anything new since that though.

where did you read about his lawyer battling for an appeal? any link would be appreciated..

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

ouf I'm sorry I don't have search priviledges. :( Maybe jr can help. There is one poster here who is some kind of lawyer and has knowledge of the situation and he gave some details. Like that the lawyer appealed and that the judge wrote that he had made excellent progress while in rehab. And he said that it will drag on. That's the Denver case not the LA one.

16. malakas

malakas Member

17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch suspended the Y in Lawson's first name for 10 threads. OP tried to make do with an h. That's a fan right there.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Title is a bit misleading, but I am interested in whether or not Lawson gets suspended as well. I am assuming he will.

19. Robjos

Robjos Member

you might have 14,000 posts, but i bet they are all useless like this one. go back to your keyboard.

20. Robjos

Robjos Member

And if you contribute so much, how come youre not a contributing member? lol pleaseeeeee.