1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is such a true and important information for everyone in their late teens and early 20's.

Everyone should take some time to reflect on it and understand this.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not giving you jack, except maybe a lmgtfy link for Hulk pr0n if you follow up with why you desperately need said green penis.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think the problem with the letter is that it doesn't have enough exclamation points.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wow, quite a few people from here gave him money for that one. Did he buy that blunt on his Instagram with some of that cash?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Truckers need a hand.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You might have failed the sarcasm test???

7. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Didn't get a chance to read all replies since I posted the letter, but just wanted to say that Vatterott will now work with me upon reading the letter!! Thanks, folks for the comedy and the knives. I needed it all.

To those saying I'm crazy and should just get the "safe" degree, that's sound advice. For some people.

Lol at the blunt on Instagram. No, that wasn't mine, it was a friend. I DONT smoke. Totally makes my brain cloudy.

8. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thanks to whoever for the rep, btw. Thanks mc ballerboy haha. I'm just thankful that it's all gonna work out for me.

9. Mr. Clutch

There are many disappointed truckers tonight.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Then how do you know it makes your brain cloudy?

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It makes his brain cloudy enough to go to a truck stop and do "favors" for a few extra bucks.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's not about getting a "safe" degree it's about not lighting your money on fire.

You completely ignored what everyone wrote.

Good luck in life.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Truckers are racist anyways.

14. raj87

raj87 Member

Update: While traveling this weekend, I pulled into a a Love's Truck Stop for fueling. I spoke to the manager on duty regarding employment opportunities. He was not looking to fil/create a position described by the OP. However, he did mention that handling hot weiners is currently a daily duty for his clerks.

15. Mr. Clutch

Racist word on a wall = I quit life

Trucker needs a hand job = no problem

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I'd be worry that they read the letter and then wants to work out with you.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think it's amazing that you wrote a letter on Wednesday, mailed it, they received it on a holiday weekend and got back to you on a Sunday. Kudos to them and the USPS.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. You think getting a pseudo degree (an associates at that) from a for profit school means something.

It literally means nothing and will likely get you zero job opportunities.

If by "safe" you mean any degree whatsoever from a credible institution, then it's not just for "some people." All people who have any intention on pursuing education after high school should do that.

I hate to break it to you, but your dream sucks, you're completely delusional, and you're about to have an even more rough time in the next few years if everything you've written in this thread is true.

Good luck with that.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Some bosnian idiot from St Louis :grin:

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Degrees in certain fields mean nothing. In music, for example, you can have a Bachelor's from Eastman, a Master's from New England Conservatory, and a Doctorate from Julliard. But if you want to play in a symphony, you have to audition like everybody else. What matters is how you play, not where you went to school. Your schooling existed only to give you skills, not resume fodder.

Such is the same in the recording industry. Nobody cares where, or even if, you went to school. They just care if you're good or not. OP should look at it as a way of gaining certain skills and shouldn't think that saying "I went to Nelly School" will carry any weight or help him get a job because it won't. To be fair, I think he understands this much, at least in part.