1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster injures groin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Hopefully there's not a setback and he's back sooner than expected.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good news for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> RB Arian Foster: Source says he’s not headed to IR/designated-to-return as was once expected. Could be back in a month</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/640582866653589504">September 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. thejav

thejav Member

He will be back week 5 against colts.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He could be back even sooner than that, best case scenario he's back week 3.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If they don't put him on the PUP list it will be good news. Unless they are just dumb and overestimate his health.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm expecting the team's performance over the first 2 weeks to dictate that.... two winnable games to be followed by another winnable game at home in week 3.

Really no need to rush him back if they're able to make things work with what they have against 3 beatable opponents.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I think how far along he is will dictate it more than the team's performance. Either way, if he's back in week 3, I would expect him to be on a snap count with the goal of easing him back into playing.

8. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Apparently Patrick Starr is going to drop a truth bomb on Foster's injury status tomorrow morning. It's supposedly going to shine a light on the start of his injury to where he actually is right now in his recovery. Probably has some sort of time table prediction in there as well.

PDS has been a front runner from the start on Foster's injury not being nearly as serious as others have led on, and that he'll be back much sooner than people have reported. That they're finally saying he'll be back quicker than thought so that they won't IR/designated to return him is some sort of miracle, of which Patrick has been reporting weeks in advance.

Wonder if he'll have anything we don't already know.

9. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Thanks Patrick.

10. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Start to finish to where we are now. Arian Foster’s road to recovery. <a href="http://t.co/SqQbDwNILr">http://t.co/SqQbDwNILr</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/maDfaKv8lF">pic.twitter.com/maDfaKv8lF</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/640743861094998016">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

Mclain is trying to cover his ass right now on twitter to act like he's the only guy with inside knowledge, so PDS dropped it early.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not anything new to me, but that's only because I read this all when PDS and a few others said these things initially.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I took Foster in the 12th round in my fantasy league.

I have Jamal Charles, Lesean Mccoy, Melven Gordon, and Foster. Who should I start? Not to mention Emmanuel Sanders is my flex cause Cobb and CJ.

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The Chiefs O-line is slowly degrading. Their highly touted 1st RD pick in Fisher is being demoted to RT because he's trash, and the LT that's beating him out isn't all that much better. I really don't know how much magic Charles has behind that bad line.

Mccoy has been dealing with soft tissue injuries this preseason. I'm not sure how healthy he'll be, they don't know if he'll start the season. That offensive line is a huge question mark however, and with them not really having a passing threat, teams are going to focus on stopping the run. It's going to be real tough for Mccoy with the Bills.

Melvin Gordon simply hasn't looked at all like he did in College this preseason. He ran about as well as Hilliard did for us, with drastically less snaps. I'm not sure if the Chargers are going to get what they think they have in him. He has simply looked bad for them.

Foster will be Foster, it's just a matter of when will he play. It doesn't matter who's blocking for him, he makes it work.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Yeah, I just found it hilarious that when McLane got word of PDS' article he was trying to cover his ass on twitter. The guy is such a ****in' hack it's "pathetic".

Posting the article was more for the guys/gals that don't follow the Texans as closely.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Being that Arian Foster passed physical, PUP was not an option. Foster could return in 4 weeks but could be out 6 or more weeks. Team unsure</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/640997232175517696">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Schefter really doesn't know what's going on. If you want actual information about the Texans, I would focus specifically on PDS and Jayson Braddock's tweets/articles.

Schefty is pretty much getting fed from McLane/Chronicle, mostly inaccurate information or very behind.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

He's not definitely wrong though.

Arian is rehabilitating a surgically repaired groin right now. They have projected best-case timetables for him to be back, but who knows? Early October is already 4 weeks. Could easily be more than that, and when push comes to shove they may be extra careful with him.

Seems like in the NFL, injured players take longer to get back than the optimistic rumored projections nearly 100% of the time.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, he could be right, but when the national guy's time frame is longer than what the local guys are saying it does cause one think about how accurate the national guy is. Guys closer to the situation are saying that Foster could be ready go play by week 3 and Shefter is talking about him potentially not being ready for week 6

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

Do you honesty believe that Adam schefter hasn't read the same local reports as we have? I'm pretty confident that he is considering all those reports, plus many more that we don't have access to.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Personally I think that local sources probably have the best information when it comes to this. The national guys were still talking about the prospects of Arian Foster winding up on the IR designated to return until very recently and the local guys ruled that out about a week or so after he sustained the injury.