1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Gm 3] Texans vs Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2. macho87

macho87 Member

Ready to go be another mediocre Texans QB

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

CJ has earned a job in the NFL. If the Texans cut him I'm sure someone will scoop him up. Great athlete and great attitude.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I see virtually no way he gets cut -- but if he does, I will riot.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I never seen you comment on the Texans blog before. You must have a crush on CJ. Lol

He will make the team for sure.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Will we see Watt/Wilfork/Clowney/Cushing next week vs Dallas?

7. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

No starter will play next week. Only backups.

8. platypus

platypus Member

Doubt it, I don't see Watt playing at all in meaningless preseason games. He IS the defense at this point.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't know if "crush" is the right word, but he is definitely my fave. I pretty much love any athlete who's kind of undersized and a balls to the walls maniac w/ a ton of heart. See, e.g., Charles James, Patrick Beverley, etc. LOL.

But overall, Hard Knocks has me more invested in the Texans than I would be otherwise.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If a Head coach wants to try new things in addition to his skill set, it should tell us all that there is a zero % chance that Bill OBrien cuts the kid. 0%. The dude was tossed into a RB role, and has shown to have vision. You cant teach that.

Right now, Polk has to be worried about a job.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Polk looked pretty bad out there and Hilliard picked a good game to look good. Since Charles James looks to be competent enough to maybe have a run every now and then, I could see only Blue, Grimes and Hilliard make the team along with obviously Foster. Maybe Hilliard comes down with a mysterious injury and ends up on IR to make an extra spot.

12. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

You really think Johnathan Grimes is gonna make the team? Honestly Polk has looked better than him and Hilliard. I give it Kenny he had a good game today but for most of preseason he's been ehhhh i dont think thier gonna cut polk. I think Brent Grimes as always is gonna end up on the practice squad

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see Grimes being the odd man out, but honestly Polk picked a really bad time to look like he's not very good. I wouldn't be shocked if Polk got cut....though admittedly Grimes probably makes more sense. I'd hold on to Hilliard if possible, I think he's got a bit of upside.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Now this looks like vintage Cushing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have the like that from Cush. Man that is nice. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/DzI2YFcFf7">https://t.co/DzI2YFcFf7</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/638162917217533954">August 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

16. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

CJ III= James Casey 2.0

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't see a spot for James on the 53. It's just too tight if you carry 3 quarterbacks.
    He should make the practice squad though because he covers two possible emergency replacement spots for the cost of 1.

All the RB's look about the same to me, OKish, None make 5 out of nothing like Arian though.

Hoyer was sharp, Mallet over threw a few and those misses are scary. The O-line gave Mallet a rough start but he didn't look as quick and decisive as Hoyer.

The WR's all looked good, even Keyshawn. Tough tough cut there. I would have loved seeing some Mallet to Shorts deep downfield.

The D is going to be great. The only questions are who will the the 6th CB and the 5th safety and which linemen go to the practice squad.

18. magman

magman Member

Strong showed up today, hope he can continue building on that. Savage needs to compete for the main job next year with whoever they bring in.

Hopkins is going to go off this year, just toss it up to him. Cushing is looking healthy.

Really hope Charles James makes the team, he makes plays on special teams.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

James will make the team. Jumal Rolle will be cut before James. James is a better special teams player.

CB:
    Joseph, Kareem, Kevin Johnson, Morris, Bouye, Charles James

S
    Moore, Pleasant, Hal, Demps

Drummond, Ballentine and Jumal Rolle will all be fighting to be the 10th defensive back that the team carries.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

James:

[​IMG]

Hopkins:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DeAndre Hopkins. Yea you know. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/dznF0LE3Z3">https://t.co/dznF0LE3Z3</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/638086610303762432">August 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>